Oscars: 2005 Summary

Alan Thomas wrote:

: OK, here is a list of all the nominated films in any of the above categories, in

: alphabetical order. Start screening!

Not that it matters, but just for the record, 22 films have more than one nomination, and I've seen 'em all except for The Sea Inside (which doesn't open here until tomorrow).

Beyond that, there are 32 films with only one nomination apiece, and I have seen 11 of those.

So, of 54 nominated films, I have seen 32 so far -- and the 22 films I haven't seen are all foreign, documentaries, or shorts, of which I think only 2 (the documentary Tupac: Resurrection and the animated short Ryan) have been screened for the public in Vancouver so far. (Unless something else played at the festival last year and I missed it.)

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Peter T Chattaway wrote:

: So, of 54 nominated films, I have seen 32 so far . . .

Make that 33!

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.