Oscars 2005: Documentary Short Subject

"An eligible documentary film is defined as a theatrically released non-fiction motion picture dealing creatively with cultural, artistic, historical, social, scientific, economic or other subjects. It may be photographed in actual occurrence, or may employ partial re-enactment, stock footage, stills, animation, stop-motion or other techniques, as long as the emphasis is on fact and not on fiction."

"Documentary Short Subject - films 40 minutes or less (including all credits) in running time"

Note, incidentally, given all the hoopla around Mel Gibson's film this past year, how one of the nominated documentaries is Sister Rose's Passion, which has the following synopsis on the Oscars website: "Sister Rose Thering's determination to fight anti-Semitism led her to take an active part in Vatican II and to denounce Church doctrine blaming the Jews for Jesus's death."

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.