simply UNBELIEVABLE website

Is Corrupt Christian Music a satire... or are they serious?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sad.

Absolutely sad

"Could we ever know each other in the slightest without the arts?"

« Nous connaîtrions-nous seulement un peu nous-mêmes, sans les arts? »

Quoted on Canada's $20 bill; from Gabrielle Roy's novel La montagne secrète. The English translation, The Hidden Mountain, is by Harry L. Binsse.

If this is satire, then the creators have WAY too much time on their hands.

If it's serious, then...well, I just don't know what to say except this:

:eek7:

And the U2 link wasn't even working! I can imagine that they'd have a lot to say about my favorite group.

Guest Russell Lucas

My favorite is the singer who is chastised because of the musical influences she claimed in an interview, such as Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Linda Ronstadt. The site takes Ronstadt to task for the "suggestiveness" of two lines of lyrics in a Bob Dylan song which she apparently covered at some point.

See... THAT'S the kind of thing that makes me wonder if this isn't some spectacular joke.

One wonders if the writers have only ever been influenced by spotless Christian literature, spotless Christian television... as if those things existed.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

Where's the "explicit" photographs of Plus One?!?!? I noticed the warning sign but couldn't find one? I think I'm just confused as to what their definition of "explicit" is.

In a Brio Magazine article Plus One seemed to be advocating girls growing their hair out and wearing no make-up.

http://www.briomag.com/briomagazine/music/...c/a0001729.html

(Long story as to why I was checking out www.briomag.com so I'll refrain!)

Either this is a complete joke or this group is even more nut-so than Plus One. . .

mcyoung27 wrote:

: In a Brio Magazine article Plus One seemed to be advocating girls

: growing their hair out and wearing no make-up.

Seriously? One of the things my sister always hated about that magazine was the fashion tips, which seemed indistinguishable from those of any 'secular' girls' magazine.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

I thought you were kidding, Dan, until I checked their website for myself. Thank goodness for the ever-accessible KJV, since Zondervan's Teen Study Bible contains 'very disturbing' margin notes.

The corrupt Christian music website has got to be the real deal -- the earnest humorlessness is a dead giveaway.

To be an artist is never to avert one's eyes.
- Akira Kurosawa

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularcinephile/

Thanks so much for these links, guys!

Tonight I've learned that CCM is satanic-man-worshipping (silly me, I just thought it was mediocre), read an article documenting the actual location of hell (complete with an audiofile of possible screams from hell!), and discovered scientific proof that rock music causes automobile fatalities (I guess I slept through that lecture in med school).

By the way, the new issue of LarkNews is on-line, if anyone's looking for intentional comic relief.

To be an artist is never to avert one's eyes.
- Akira Kurosawa

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularcinephile/

The corrupt Christian music website has got to be the real deal -- the earnest humorlessness is a dead giveaway.

Yep. I've met far too many legalists in my day who have a passion for the internet. Thank God there aren't too many around here.

-s.

In an interstellar burst, I am back to save the Universe.

Filmsweep by Persona. 2013 Film Journal. IlPersona.

To loosely paraphrase Bart Simpson, "Why does Satan have all the cool bands?"

"A director must live with the fact that his work will be called to judgment by someone who has never seen a film of Murnau's." - François Truffaut

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Reviews and essays at Three Brothers Film.

Reminded me immediately of the Dial-the-Truth page. Same type of relentless word-twisting and sin-by-association reasoning. It isn't satire, not even close. Would love to see what they have on Keaggy and U2 but those pages aren't active yet. One can always hope ...

I thought the music played in hell was going to be more along the lines of Yanni, Zamfir and Celine Dion...

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.

The Keaggy page is now active. His sole sin, in the eyes of the site's author, is Saying Nice Things about Catholics. Including his (Keaggy's) mother.

I guess being in hell won't be so bad if I get to listen to Keaggy play the guitar.

Hey, the U2 link is now active, too. That's a lot of reading there, friends! My favorite is how they like to delete or change certain words for their own benefit. For example, they quote Bono's introduction to the Psalms as this:

\"Who knows who really wrote the Bible. I really don't care who wrote it. I didn't buy Lieber and Stoller. They were just songwriters. I bought Elvis. --Bono, Book of Psalms intro\"

Here's the true quote, according to the full introduction.

But to get back to David, it is not clear how many of these psalms David or his son Solomon really wrote. Some scholars suggest that the royals never dampened their nibs and that there was a host of Holy Ghost writers. Who cares? I didn't buy Leiber and Stoller -- they were just his songwriters. I bought Elvis.

And don't even get them started on Bono's AIDS efforts. Sheesh. I'm going home before I blow a fuse.

--Diane

Hey, the U2 link is now active, too. That's a lot of reading there, friends! My favorite is how they like to delete or change certain words for their own benefit. For example, they quote Bono's introduction to the Psalms ...

Well, in the interest of fairness, the friendly folks at CorruptChristianMusic just lifted those Bono quotes from a U2 fansite. The Psalms intro was misquoted at the fansite, and our friend here has merely perpetuated the mistake. He's a sloppy fact-checker, but you can't rightly accuse him of editing that quote for his own purposes.

However--it has been alleged elsewhere that many of the "seductive" photos of Jaci Velasquez used on the site aren't really photos of her at all. That is grounds for a lawsuit, so if it's true, I hope her management is on top of it.

Well, in the interest of fairness, the friendly folks at CorruptChristianMusic just lifted those Bono quotes from a U2 fansite. The Psalms intro was misquoted at the fansite, and our friend here has merely perpetuated the mistake. He's a sloppy fact-checker, but you can't rightly accuse him of editing that quote for his own purposes.

You're right. That's what happens when you're blinded by rage. :oops: My apologies.

--Diane

Does anybody want to draft a letter of concern from the Promontory Arts and Faith Board? We could all sign it and send it to the head honchos there...

It might be good to list a lot of Scriptural backup for our concerns, since that seems to be their manner of discourse: Scriptural backup for their points.

It might also be good to ask them what Christian artists AREN'T corrupt, and to defend their case on that point....

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

J.O.:

: Does anybody want to draft a letter of concern from the Promontory Arts

: and Faith Board?

I'm not sure I see the point, alas.

Dale

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."