Sign in to follow this  
opus

Super Bowl Ads

http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/

Personally, I loved the AmeriQuest and Kinko's FedEx commercials (c'mon, it's Burt Reynolds getting kicked in the groin by a bear), and CareerBuilder ads were funny (I like monkeys). However, most of them were terribly, terribly lame and uninspired, or, like the GoDaddy ad, just hackneyed and trying too hard.

The only one I even remember was the Career Builder ad where the guy says it's not a good idea to name a product "Titanic," and he gets a banana peel thrown at him, then the monkeys start kissing the boss's butt. Disgusting, but funny.

Otherwise, I agree. Nothin' to see there. Good thing the game was suspenseful, otherwise it would have been a totally lame event.

The ad featuring the returning soldiers in the airport was pretty touching. Some of the other ads were mildly amusing, such as the chimps and the ad with the animals who were wanna-be Clydesdales. But none of the ads were particularly memorable. It seemed the creative spark was missing from the ads in general this year.

The Today show this morning said that women seemed to enjoy the "Mama's Boy Doll" ad (I know I got a kick out of it). But what was that even advertising?

IMO, one of the worst adds was that convertible one where the cop finds the guy frozen behind the wheel. Ugh. And it didn't help that I saw it three times. And I didn't even watch the whole game!

Oh, and how many commericals actually featured MC Hammer (or was that an impersonator)? I know I saw him on at least two

My church had a Super Bowl party, and that GoDaddy ad made for an awkward moment - since we had a group of middle-school boys watching intently. If I had had access to the remote, it wouldn't have made it past five seconds. Instead, all I could muster was "well, this gets the most inappropriate ad for the night award". Yikes.

Well...not much talk about Super Bowl ads in the last decade. So, what's the story about these advertising stories? Anything you like this year?