Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Family Finances

Didn't we used to have a forum for family-related/marriage-related posts? I'm not sure where to put this. Anyway...

Nice piece today from David Brooks (subscription required), who argues

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Mrs. Death Ray and I have separate checking accounts for a number of reasons, not the least of which being I think it's not a good idea to put all your finances in one bank account.

It had a face like Robert Tilton's -- without the horns.

- Steve Taylor, "Cash Cow"

Mrs. Dale and I each have individual checking accounts (mine for a [very] small business I run on the side; her's because she opened it ten years ago and it has an incredible interest rate), and we also have a joint checking account and a joint money market account. (And a joint house.)

Dale

Metalfoot on Emmanuel Shall Come to Thee's Noel: "...this album is...monotony...bland, tripy fare..."