Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Russ

Film Club

206 posts in this topic

I'm with Darren H on the "let's get to it" approach, but with Andrew and ruthie on the "not three at once" critique.

And I think we do start a new thread for each film club discussion labeled "Film Club: title of movie" or whatever, rather than add on to an existing thread (if that is allowed).

I am also away June 6, 7, 8.

Is May 31 too soon to start? Could we just say we'll do Birth this time, set up a poll for the next one, and start the Birth discussion May 31?

That sounds good to me, Jeff. Darren, would you be willing to open a thread and begin moderating on May 31?

Then, maybe we could set up a poll to choose the next film in late June or early July.

Yeah, I'd be glad to. I started the prep work last night by watching Glazer's first film, Sexy Beast, which is also really, really good.

I'm going to have to push back the start of the Birth discussion by a day or two. I'd planned to rewatch it last night but, instead, we hosted a spontaneous Memorial Day cookout.

That's cool - I've got a Blockbuster copy at home, but I don't know that I'll have time to watch it before the weekend. Thanks again, Darren, for your willingness to get the ball rolling.

Edited by Andrew

I wonder if anyone is interested in reviving this?