Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Breakfast

Haven't done this one yet. What are we waiting for? (And don't tell me you skip breakfast

And you've never lived in the South? (It's a common misconception down here that if you travel outside of the South and order grits at a restaurant, you'll either get a blank stare because no one's heard of them, or you'll get a weird look because people think they're disgusting.) BTW, cheese grits are the best.

Actually, I am curious about how many people skip breakfast. I sort of wish I could do it. Would save some time in the morning. All during college, I tried to speed things along by drinking those Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks. Talk about something that got old fast.

Haven't done this one yet. What are we waiting for? (And don't tell me you skip breakfast

This is an interesting statement in contradiction, "good for you" and "bagel slathered with light cream chees" but I like it. Bagels are difficult to resist.

HA! You're right, of course. Actually, I switched to Special K cereal for a while last year. After gaining a few pounds, I went back to bagels...and lost a few pounds! Totally weird, but I'm not complaining! (Of course, the yoga routine might have had something to do with that.)

Three eggs (over medium), three sausage links, small glass of low-carb grapefruit juice, two cups of coffee.

This is typical, so I won't bore everyone with daily updates.

I will say, though, that I never had "big breakfasts" until college, and only then realized that I'd been depriving/starving myself for years, wondering why my stomach would growl repeatedly (*that* was mortifying) in class long before my lunch period, which began at 10:20 a.m.! I mean, I loved cold cereal, but it didn't hold me for more than an hour...

Most mornings: Oatmeal Crisp (Raisin) cereal, tea, probably a banana (keep that potassium up).

Occaisionally, instant oatmeal for the cereal.

If I feel ambitious, I'll make some fake egg scrambled eggs, probably with onions, cheese and maybe alfalfa sprouts.

Usually on Sat., my wife makes something much better than anything I do.

If I'm on the road and eating breakfast out, I may go with an omelet, but I'm a sucker for good biscuits and gravy.

This morning: an omelette with cheese, red pepper and bacon.

And peanut butter cups.

I would have been disappointed if I did not see a form of peanut butter on your list.

If I'm on the road and eating breakfast out, I may go with an omelet, but I'm a sucker for good biscuits and gravy.

Biscuits and jam are a weakness for me, especially if I am traveling.

This morning: an omelette with cheese, red pepper and bacon.

And peanut butter cups.

I would have been disappointed if I did not see a form of peanut butter on your list.

Yeah, I didn't really, but I have to uphold my reputation.

They eat blood pudding in Scotland for breakfast. It is just a pudding...but made out of blood.

Not human blood???

I skip breakfast usually. When I don't, it mostly consists of what's available in the company cafeteria. Usually eggs and/or hashbrowns (what I had this morning), or a poppyseed or banana nut muffin.

I do, however, always get water. It's the first thing I do when I walk into the office. That's about as routine as my morning breakfast gets.

Weekday breakfast usually varies from cereal to something sweet to some sort of egg variety. All this at home. Barring that I hit Whataburger for a taquito, hash browns, and orange juice.

On Saturdays I usually whip up my famous french toast for the family.

Sundays we have food at the gathering.

I drink a juice with ALL-ONE vitamins in it. If I could afford the weight I would have pancakes, bacon and fresh-squeezed orange juice. Instead I have a juice with powdery vitamins.

Denny

I usually have a Nutri-grain breakfast bar (Blueberry and Apple Cinnamon), or a couple of eggs, over easy.

Usually, Kashi with soy milk (Silk brand is best), coffee with half-and-half (this may seem contradictory, but works for us.), a glass of water. Sometimes OJ.

Sometimes a bagel with peanut-butter or light cream cheese.

This morning, because we have both been too busy to shop for groceries, I had a piece of whole-wheat toast with light cream cheese, the usual coffee and the rest.

Which reminds me, I'm going to have to stop at the grocery store on my way home...

Generally, I have my own special oatmeal concoction, consisting of about 3/4 oatmeal, 1/4 granola, and either a sprinkle of cinnamon or a spoonful of peanut butter, but not both.

However, I keep frozen waffles in the freezer for those days when oatmeal just doesn't quite cut it.

They eat blood pudding in Scotland for breakfast. It is just a pudding...but made out of blood.

Not human blood???

Oh, yes! The Scots are famous for their vampirism! asthanos.gif

Juice, what coffee that does not fit in the thermos, maybe some Total Greek yoghurt straight.

Seems like this was created just for you, Russ.

Pretty much every morning:

a bowl of Life cereal with skim milk

a half a grapefruit

a small bowl of cottage cheese with a dash of garlic salt

a V8

I LOVE grits. My ideal breakfast is two fluffy pancakes with butter, two eggs scrambled, bacon, grits (butter and salt), and a tall glass of OJ. With FAKE maple syrup over everything but the grits and the juice.

I LOVE grits. My ideal breakfast is two fluffy pancakes with butter, two eggs scrambled, bacon, grits (butter and salt), and a tall glass of OJ. With FAKE maple syrup over everything but the grits and the juice.

Maple syrup: the example of the imitation being better than the real.

My wife doesn't agree, but I certainly am of that opinion.