Sign in to follow this  
BethR

Wonder Woman movie

I haven't seen this reported here, so here goes. Jeff Overstreet's looking Closer blog hinted at an Ain't It Cool News story that indicated that

Evangeline Lily of Lost

would be cast as Wonder Woman. The AICN story banked that rumor on the info that her character would be

the main character who was killed off this season

, thus making her available.

On last week's episode, though,

her character was not killed, but another character was

. Does that mean the story is wrong??

I am not sure I can see her as the Amazing Amazon. But she is pretty, and she can act decently well.

From the Wonder Woman Movie fansite listed above, they linked to this lady's website:

Alana De La Garza

Now SHE looks like Wonder Woman.

Is that a good stare, or a bad stare??

SZPT   

Or a BAAAAAAD ( blushing.gif ) stare?

Jeff   

Sadly, I keep hearing that J Lo is a front-runner for the part. If they're going to cast a Hispanic girl, they should use Jessica Alba, not Jennifer Lopez! dry.gif

Do you think she looks like WW? That's the main question, I think. Yeah, she's beautiful; there are a lot of beautiful women who look nothing like WW.

Do you think she looks like WW? That's the main question, I think.

I really can't answer that accurately. I grew up in a strict Baptist household that held to the belief that comics books were part of the evil worldly plot to brainwash the youth of America into debauchery and satanism. Of course a female superhero who wore tight clothing and bared some skin was out of the question. So the majority of my comic book knowledge has come from my wife, who grew up as a practicing pagan and was allowed to read such things, and comic book movie adaptations that are coming out.

I just think she's pretty and wouldn't mind seeing her swinging a lasso of truth.

Edited by MichaelRay

BethR   

Producer Joel Silver talks about Wonder Woman at this site and has a few more comments as well.

Remembering Silver's plans for the Superman movie (gay robots, the Fortress of Solitude guarded by polar bears, etc.) I have a hard time being enthusiastic about any of his ideas. I don't think Trinity and WW are really all that similar as characters. Sigh.

My best friend is part of the Cult of Whedon, and he didn't seem too excited to hear that Joss was taking on WW. We did see a question and answer that he and some from the cast of Serenity were fielding at some con, and my friend became very elated when Whedon said something about possibly doing a movie about Spike. I wonder if that is because within the mythos that Whedon has created, he is the god of Buffyverse, there is a thirst to see him do more within that frame of reference.

Edited by Michael Todd

BethR   

Whedon plans to start writing the Wonder Woman script "sometime." In this interview, he talks about that and some other things he's been doing, like watching Shaun of the Dead and The Incredibles, and putting the finishing touches on Serenity.

I have really enjoyed all of the great comments about this phenon of WW. biggrin.gif I am an amature at many things however, Wonder Woman is not one of those things. I am admittedly excited that my "pursuit of happiness" has resulted in being around to see this movie get into production. With all of that said

I would like to throw out a name that I think would be excellent choice for this role.

RENA SOPHER. Its the Eyes, and jawline. they are essential. Looks are the most important rule for the casting of this movie. She has a more mature look and is consistent with every portrayal from the comic book.

please take a look at her website, you have to agree. Also her resume is similar Lynda Carters at this period in their career. I would like to point out that following the comic book story line is not as important as casting for looks. The TV series set a precedent with the WONDER spin that Lynda created. The comic book followed by using the spin in later issues. (I would like to see Lynda play Hipollyta (queen mother) in the Movie. According to the Comic book Hipollyta was Wonder Woman during WWII. Diana was Miss America in this period.)

Comments are welcome. Please consider RENA, I am seeing a real blockbuster movie and hopefully an updated TV series. Costume Updates???? Even as a WW purist, It is time for a few updated I think.....maybe somthing fitted with legs and wide Lapels, new belt design of course.... but all elements with the addition of the power of flight (a gift granted to her in the comic by athena)

I like Rena SoFer, but I'm still pushing for Alana de la Garza.

ok well, I took another look at your girl... Yes she is beautiful,maybe even exotic..... but seriously. Let me see if you will consider this name. NADIA BJORLIN. Take a look at this woman she seriously is a WW look-a-like.

please reconsider, I can see it...can you?

[attachmentid=256][attachmentid=255]

post-982-1118539924_thumb.jpg

post-982-1118539972_thumb.jpg

I think she's pretty, and she looks somewhat like WW. But in a lot of pix I've seen of Nadia, she looks - how to say this delicately? - chunky.

Edited by crimsonline

CHUNKY..... ok strong Women dont look emaciated..... they look chunky!!! I think that Either RENA, or Nadia.. your girl is the eqiv. of WW looking like Katie Holmes.Cute but not even close.

I'm not going to fight with you, man. While there are some things that are right and wrong in this world, THIS is actually a genuine matter of personal preference.

BethR   

Some general musings about super-powered women in movies, including Wonder Woman, Invisible Girl of the Fantastic Four and Domino.

There's been a lot of discussion about that on the DC Comics fan boards. People in the know (with connections to Whedon) are saying that no casting has yet taken place, and that Joss has JUST completed his first draft. Casting would still be a ways off. IMDB and wikipedia are notoriously unreliable sources, and that other link you gave does not cite anything better than the rumor-mill.

Not that it's impossible, just that I'd take the rumor with a grain or two of salt.

Cinematical spreads a rumor: American Idol's Katherine McPhee as Wonder Woman. And now, well, shoot, I guess there I've spread it around some more. But I doubt it'll happen.