Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenmorefield

Fantasy Baseball, Anyone?

150 posts in this topic

I am reminded of Drysdale who thought 4 wide ones were a waste of 3 pitches. If he wanted to walk somebody, he'd have likely knocked him down 4 times. But things were different then.

CONGRATS ZALM!

Not bad at all for your first time. You smoked us all.

Woohoo!

And now the real season starts. Even better, my Sox have home field throughout the playoffs.

Tell me though, how long should I expect it to take for me to stop thinking things like, "Did I forget to add Ubaldo Jimenez by midnight?"

Woohoo!

And now the real season starts. Even better, my Sox have home field throughout the playoffs.

No. Bosox only have home field advantage in first series since they lose it to the Halos.

aren't they playing the halos in the first series?

exactly, so they don't get to play in the ALCS

ahhhh... i get it.

that there was some genuine smack talk that i mistook for a misguided point of information. sorry you needed to spell it out for me. kinda takes all the fun out of it, eh? ::blushing::

i'm just glad i don't have any reason to cheer for chone figgins anymore.

one bizarre outcome of the whole fantasy season is that i'm now awfully close to being a phillies fan. having the first four batters in the lineup (i had rollins in my other league), their number one starter and their closer will do that, i guess. and the way they clawed their way into the playoffs was downright exciting.

I have to say, that I placed too much emphasis on pitching and missed out on consistency in hitting. How frustrating to have benched hitters who score 10+ points and look down your active lineup and see negative numbers....ugh.

So... now do the Sox have home field throughout the playoffs? :P

likely so. At least they won't have to play the Yanks. I know Redsox fans love to beat the Yankees, but it's better just to have them sitting.

Are all the Bosoxd fans too hungover tp post today? They are the new Yankees. Only difference is where they play,

It's that time again. Yahoo league # 47015, password Shoeless

Auto draft. I currently have it set up for head to head. That can be changed if we need to. You can look through the scoring as well and make suggestions. (I currently have an 11X11 category scoring system). Bring your friends. Last year there were 8 of us. I've got the max at 12, but if we get a crowd we can expand (I played in a league with 20 teams last year, major shortage of talent available on waiver wire, but it made things interesting.) Newbies welcome.

Edited by Darrel Manson

Bumping this to hunt for players. Like I said, newbies welcome. Bring friends. Let's load this league up. It's free.

It's that time again. Yahoo league # 47015, password Shoeless

Just a minor correction. The password is "shoeless" all lower case. Found it out the hard way.

regards,

-Lance

my fault. I never use a cap in passwords. Come. Bring friends. Start getting your draft queue in order.

well, last year sucked me in something fierce, so i guess it was inevitable that i'd be back in.

i'll most likely be moving across the country in the middle of the season, so if i disappear for a few weeks, that's why. and if i lose miserably this year, that'll be a fairly handy excuse. :)

thanks for setting things up again, commish. head-to-head looks like it should offer a different set of challenges.

MLB.com has a game called Beat the Streak. Every day you pick a batter, if he gets a hit, you're streak is alive. If you break DiMaggio's 56 game streak, you win big stuff. they don't seem to a league option this year. Feel free to post decent streaks here. I've made high teens before, but usually my streaks look like binary; 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 then I'll get about 3 in a row.

go to the "fantasy" link and you should find it fairly easily

I just had my best ever streak end. After 24 games w/o missing (although some days with a player who didn't play which doesn't end a streak) I had Hideki Matsui today and he went 0 for 4. I had managed to get up to tied for #5 on the current streak list. Now I have to start over tomorrow.

It's that time again. Everyone welcome - newbies, friends, whatever. Right now it's set up with last year's settings, but that can be changed.

league #93062

password: bulldurham

bounce. see previous post for info

Update: since there are so few, we've made it a bit more interesting by making it AL only league, point scoring with lots of categories (as many as Yahoo will allow). Still time to get in. Debating a live draft, but one can't do live, so it'll probably stay auto

Update: since there are so few, we've made it a bit more interesting by making it AL only league, point scoring with lots of categories (as many as Yahoo will allow). Still time to get in. Debating a live draft, but one can't do live, so it'll probably stay auto

Is there still time to join?

Is there still time to join?

Sorry, no. We drafted earlier this week

OK, boys and girls, The A&F Field of Dreams is up. Current settings are an autodraft, points only scoring. Open to discussion on whether we want to keep those formats. If we were to (with a good even number of teams) swap to head to head, which categories would we want to use? I'll make some suggestions about that sometime soon, but feel free to let me know your favorite stats.

To sign up, go to Yahoo Fantasy Baseball. League ID: 205489 Password: screwball

Newbies welcome.

Last year, btw, since we had so few, we used only AL players. If we are similarly small this year, shall we swap to NL players?

Edited by Darrel Manson

I've got me some defending to do, so the Salmon Sox are back for yet another season. Hopefully we'll have enough to do a regular league, but if it's small again, I'm game for switching to the NL.

Thanks as always for setting things up, Darrel.