Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenmorefield

Fantasy Baseball, Anyone?

150 posts in this topic

CGs are kind of a rough category in H2H, as there are so few these days. You end up with a lot of 0-0 ties, which isn't much fun. How about adding HLD and IP (one favors relievers, one favors starters) instead of ER and K/9?

As for hitting, I don't see Doubles + Triples on Yahoo, but it looks like you can do Extra Base Hits. Is that the same thing, or would that include HR? Total Bases is another possibility.

I like the idea of adding SB, but I like even more the idea of adding Net Stolen Bases.

Bumping this for those who might be interested, but it slipped your mind. Newbies welcome.

The thing about having both Ks and K/9 (and ERs and ERA) is that the two can come out very different. But still, I willing to talk about changes.

How about instead of Ks on hitters, we swap it for Ground In to Double Play. That is worse than other outs.

I've reset things to live draft on Tue. Mar. 22 at 6 pm (Pacific time). How does that work for everyone?

I've also dropped Ks from the batters' stats and added GIDP.

RE slugging %age, it is a reflection to Total Bases in average form, so although HRs do impact it (as they do RBIs), it is a broader stat.

Still only 5 of us there. Feel free to bring a friend.

Edited by Darrel Manson

Do I still have some kind of automated option in a live draft, if I can't be on hand?

Do I still have some kind of automated option in a live draft, if I can't be on hand?

Definitely. You can reorder your draft list (like we've done every year with the autodraft) and then the draft program will draft automatically for you based on that list. You'll likely end up with a less balanced roster than you might've if you'd been able to participate live, but probably not anything worse than in past years.

If you aren't there the computer will make your picks based on your queue, just as if it were an autodraft.

Tricky but possible.

I've reset things to live draft on Tue. Mar. 22 at 6 pm (Pacific time). How does that work for everyone?

Tuesday the 22nd would be fine with me.

I have to say that it may be tricky for me as well.

Since you are finally doing a live draft ... I'm in.

Just so you know, Yahoo's fantasy baseball for the coming season is live. Sometime I'll stop in and restart out league, send invites to last year's players, and put a note here for others who may be interested.

For those who played last year, what needs to be changed this time through?

Edited by Darrel Manson

For those who played last year, what needs to be changed this time through?

I need to win.

As threatened above, I've renewed the league. Hopefully those there last year have gotten their invite. Others can join at http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ league # 58212 password screwball. Newbies are ok. If we grew in number again (we had 10 teams last year) we may need to create 2 divisions.

Changes I've made so far: dropped the 2 extra infielders and the extra of.

We're at 8 teams, which means a couple players haven't returned. Any others wanting to get in, there's room.

Any leads on getting more players? It looks like we only have 7. I'm not really interested in a league of less than 10 players, frankly. Do we think we have enough interest this year?

-Thomas

Should I put out a call, as I did last year?

Got us 3 more, so we're a 10-team league now!

Actually, we're at 9. Everyone can feel free to recruit. There are 4 teams from last year who haven't reupped, but if they don't show soon, I'll remove them at some point when we have an even number - if you are one of those four, this is your warning.

One of my 3 has yet to set up his team -- Jimmy Taylor. That would bring us to 10.

Great. I'll stay in!

I have a couple questions on draft time and stats. I'll post on Yahoo, though, because it's easier to follow there!

-Thomas

I've made room if we want to expand. If we get to 12, I'll divide into 2 divisions.

I had another couple guys in the wings -- one guy signed up then felt bad because he made us go to 11, so he un-registered his team.

But I told him I had yet another guy interested.

So I don't know if these last two will sign up or not. Will let you know.