Sign in to follow this  
M. Dale Prins

Dale's latest piece.

"Psalm 88" is the title (although lyrically I only use about a quarter of the passage). It is for a contest due at the end of this month. I will let you hear a piano reduction.

Dale

Dear Prins,

I really dig your music for some reason and would like to request that at some point in the future you provide full access to your music for your fans via CD's or something-or-other. If Einsturzende Neubauten ever needs a back-up handbell composer, you should give them a call, I think you would fit their line-up nicely.

Cheers,

Mike

: I really dig your music for some reason...

I am now so very sorry I called you a stupid stupidhead.

No, ahem, anyway, what I've found is that people either love the music I write or they are like, "Eh, okay, whatever." There's not a lot of middle ground, and I can't decide if that's good or bad.

: ...and would like to request that at some point in

: the future you provide full access to your music

: for your fans via CD's or something-or-other.

My two handbell pieces that are coming in print later this year will be recorded by a quasi-professional handbell ensemble, and I'm supposed to get a recording of my Bells of the Sound contest-winning piece at one of these Washington State concerts, so I'll do something special with those three recordings for my fanbase of nine.

And, ugh, I forgot to mention that "Psalm 88" is a choral piece. Stupid stupidhead me.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

Also, the breaks are a bit longer than I meant, but it actually adds an extra poignance to the piece, I think.

Dale

For M. Dale completists [1]:

I've composed a new hymn for a songwriting contest. The words are...okay, but the tune (8.7.10.7 with refrain, for those interested) I'm pretty happy with. So.

Dale

---

[1] Yes, I'm quite aware the "s" was unnecessary.