I'm really enjoying this season. Like Kyle said, it doesn't take much for me to really enjoy the show. Last night's episode was maybe more painfully awkward than most, but it was still great.

And I agree about Pam and Jim. Totally.

(I think my favorite little goofy moment was when Pam, with mini-Bluetooth in ear, started shouting, "That's what she said, that's what she said!")

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also might add that Jim and Pam might quite possibly be my favorite television couple...of all time. Their realism is stunning to watch. They frequently cause me to tear up. Come on, what who wasn't touched by their reunion last night. However, I wish that they would leave tender moments alone and let them stand for themselves. There was no need for Dwight's comedic interruption.

It is funny, I don't know if anyone here shared my reservations that they jumped into that one to quick (plus, i was sad that a Jim and Pam relationship would lead to no Karen...and I was right). I thought it would really mess things up, but it actually created a new, stronger dynamic for the show.

"You know...not EVERY story has to be interesting." -Gibby

• 2 months later...

Great news! Just last night Sarah and I finished Season 3 of The Wire, which includes

Stringer Bell's demise

BTW, The Office has been renewed for next year. There wasn't much question about that, but now it's official.

Edited by Christian

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

From last night's episode: Michael Scott's sadness and remorse over destroying the futures of a local family-owned paper company was just another reason why this show is still great. While the show can and frequently does slip into absurdity, it was scenes such as that one which point to the humanity and realism that permeates the show. Kudos to Steve Carrell for an outstanding job. I felt his heartache and pain that he felt over ruining a nice family's life.

"It is scandalous for Christians to have an imagination starved for God." - Mark Filiatreau

I write occasionally at Unfamiliar Stars.

• 3 months later...

Man, do I need some comedy tonight. "The Office" always delivers. Can't wait.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Man, do I need some comedy tonight. "The Office" always delivers. Can't wait.

And this was a really fun episode too, I thought. One of my friends commented that it felt like a series finale, an almost summer-y, carefree episode (with dancing and 'expresso' no less).

No, it wasn't the finale, and I thought the first 10 minutes were relatively weak. You didn't miss much. The rest of the episode was quite good, one of the zanier "Office"s, I thought.

Just watched the finale. Ultimately it didn't have much of a "finale feel" other than the final scene I guess. Biggest question - why does someone get a blood test for a sprained ankle?

Fun guest spot from James Urbaniak.

"You guys don't really know who you're dealing with."

"Oh yeah, and who exactly are we dealing with?"

"I'm the mother flippin' rhymenoceros."

• 11 months later...

Seven seasons is a long time. Some fans have been complaining about a dropoff in quality the past couple of seasons, but it has made me laugh, out loud, consistently over the years. So I don't complain.

Dwight and Andy need to have their own show. They should become long haul truckers for Dunder Miflin, and get into many adventures on the road.

Formerly Baal_T'shuvah

"Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much." - Maude 
Harold and Maude

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me, but as one who hasn't complained much about the much discussed "decline" in the quality of this show over the past few seasons, I thought Thursday's episode was painful. "Jump the shark" territory, although I'll keep watching this season. I do like the character of Holly, and her relationship with Michael.

Maybe it's just me, but as one who hasn't complained much about the much discussed "decline" in the quality of this show over the past few seasons, I thought Thursday's episode was painful.

I felt embarrassed for the show.

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is tonight Michael Scott's farewell episode? Does that mean this season will continue without him, or is tonight the season finale?