Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cunningham

What's your favorite beer?

104 posts in this topic

For those who get to Bellingham, WA, if you go to the Boundary Bay Brewery, get the Scotch Ale. Just get it. You'll thank me.

More and more, I'm realizing that I'm becoming loyal to breweries (over loyalty to individual beers). Maybe it's my rejection of individualism these days? I don't know.

Anyway, I've gotten to the point where I'll buy and typically enjoy anything by a few breweries:

Great Lakes Brewery (Cleveland, Ohio)

Brooklyn Brewery (NYC)

Yards Brewery (Philadelphia, Pa.)

Bell's Brewery (Philadelphia, Pa.)

And speaking of Great Lakes, they have a legendary beverage called the Lake Erie Monster, and unfiltered Imperial IPA that the brewery only served in-house. Now, it's shipping around the region, and I spotted a case in the local beer distributor. (Now, if you aren't familiar with Pennsylvania's insane Liquor Control Board, don't ask...just know that it's fairly hard to go out and just pick up a bottle or two of something.)

Anyway, the case was close to $50. Yow. I think, though, some of my groomsmen are going to pick it up for my bachelor party in a few weeks. (And we'll consume it while playing board games, woooo 9% ABV!)

Do you mean the Bell's in Kalamazoo?

Do you mean the Bell's in Kalamazoo?

Why yes, that is what I mean. I have no idea why I typed Philadelphia. Maybe, uh, too much Bell's?