Sign in to follow this  
M. Dale Prins

Another new Dale composition.

This is a bit of a departure for me, as in the particular contest I'm entering I'm required to submit a finished product rather than a score. Thus, instead of some piano realization of, say, a handbell piece, what you're listening to is a rough draft of the actual, final work. Also, this contest mandates that no entry be longer than one minute, so that explains the shortness. (Since it is a rough draft, and since I have a little more than a week to finish it, constructive criticism is happily accepted.)

It is tentatively titled "and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament." Yes, I do love Sufjan Stevens.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

So as of when I write this, 16 people have downloaded the song, yet only 14 people have viewed this thread. That does not make the sense.

Also, the mix sounds drastically different on the two computers I've listened to it on: On the computer I'm on now, the chimes overwhelm the piano at the beginning, and the melody gets completely lost in the second section. Hmm. I'll have to burn it to CD, I guess.

Dale