Sign in to follow this  
BethR

Anne Rice writes novel about Jesus

At last, someone -- in this case, Christianity Today -- finds out how Rice's current situation might affect her Christ the Lord series:

You have a book coming out in December, but are there other books you are working on?

I'm finishing this series called the Songs of the Seraphim. After that, I have another big book in mind about immortals who have lived on the planet since the time of Atlantis. I would like to go back to the
Christ the Lord
books if possible, but there are real theological difficulties with going back to that series. The first two books had to do with the childhood and private life of Jesus, but it's very difficult to deal with his public life without getting into theological hot water with a lot of people. Inevitably the book will reflect my theological decisions, and I'm not sure I can do it. I don't want to get into the fights.

I read the interview yesterday, Peter, and immediately thought of your comments here about it. Interesting interview, though. While I don't think she made a good decision, I felt like she explained her position a little bit better.

Now, will I read any of her books? Er...probably not.