Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Walker Percy (1916-1990)

It's done. I now own two Percy books -- total price: $3.98 -- that I've never read, have no immediate plans to read and will probably fail at when I do try to read them.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Congrats?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, I'll take that.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

The Moviegoer is the next novel I want to read.

He finds no mercy

And he's lost in the crowd

With an armoured heart of metal

He finds he's running out of odd-numbered daisies

From which to pull the petals

If you are wondering if "Walker Percy" is claimed as an in game name for League of Legends, it is.

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter