Teeth brushing habits

Darrel Manson

When do you wet your toothbrush when you brush?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

haha! I used to be somewhat addicted to brushing my teeth. Used to brush them anytime I ate anything, or if I hadn't brushed them for a few hours which would total on average 5-7 times a day. I also used to eat toothpaste which is surprisingly addictive, although the thought of all that flouride in my tummy eventually made me stop (it's a carcinogenic and is linked to a variety of other ailments).

That's something not very many people know about me so consider yourself priviliged.

"There is, it would seem, in the dimensional scale of the world a kind of delicate meeting place between imagination and knowledge, a point, arrived at by diminishing large things and enlarging small ones, that is intrinsically artistic" - Vladimir Nabokov

Unless you count contact with my saliva, then I don't "wet" my brush until after I've brushed. I'd heard that was the best way, but the absence of that option on the poll is making me wonder whether that can, in any way, be true now!

Matt

I'm with Matt on this one. There is nothing for me to vote for here. Must be a Commonwealth thing.

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

Like the other Matt, I'm not sure if I can, in good conscience, participate in this scientific study since my option isn't listed -- viz., whenever I think of it, but since I'm usually absent-minded and instead mentally composing my next scintillating post to A&F, I may not even get around to brushing my teeth and instead just put my toothbrush back with toothpaste still on it, assuming, of course, that I got as far as putting toothpaste on it.

I do feel discriminated against.

smile.gif

matt

www.xreal.org

"What do people mean when they say 'I am not afraid of God because I know He is good?' Have they never been to a dentist?"--C.S. Lewis

I've gotta abstain as well. Anything other than plain toothpaste on the brush dilutes the paste. I often rinse with mouthwash before brushing to aid the cleaning, if that's any help.

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

• 11 months later...

I find that wetting the toothpaste is kind of like wetting soap: it aids in lather. When you are in the shower, your body can be all watered and wet, but the lather and washing is helped if you wet the soap as well. So it is with toothpaste: it foams, swishes, and fills the mouth better (its effecitvenes is whetted) when it is wetted.