Sign in to follow this  
Christian

National Book Festival

Here's the 2013 author lineup.The "Contemporary Life" writers hold the most interest for me, but I don't see anyone on the overall author list that I'm dying to see or hear speak.

There are some big names on the overall list, but none I'm super excited to hear (not to be confused with "excited to read," since some of those people are great authors). I did notice George Wiegel on the Contemporary Life list; he spoke at Geneva a few years ago, and was an excellent speaker. 

Thinking now that I might go first thing Saturday, boys in tow (the girls have an event with their mom that day), and listen to Don Delillo. I've had a QPB edition of Underworld on my shelf for about a decade, unread. There must be a reason I've hung on to it. Plus, the D.T. Max bio of Wallace is full of Wallace's correspondence with Delillo, something I had no idea about until recently. I now feel like I understand Delillo more than previously Incidentally, the other QPB edition I had for years, unread, and then gave away was ... Infinite Jest. sad.png

The boys will enjoy the PBS characters and freebies that we've taken advantage of in the past. I'll have them bring some books/toys to occupy them during the Delillo talk, if I can pull this off.

Edited by Christian

Turns out I'm not going to this year's festival, which is being held the day my niece gets married. The festival is no longer on the national mall, but will be at the Washington Convention Center.

It's early for details of the September 5, 2015, 15th Anniversary National Book Festival, but organizers have posted a preliminary author list. It includes Stephen Carter, Louse Erdrich and Marilynne Robinson/

Edited by Christian