Sign in to follow this  

Glengarry Glen Ross

(Besides, Rent will be out in theatres in September, and the production value looks very, very good.)

And when you see it, keep yelling at Alan Alda "Hey! Hawkeye! The chicken was really a BABY, remember? REMEMBER?!?"

[iNSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

I can't believe you're not going to Altar Boyz.

"What matters are movies, not awards; experiences, not celebrations; the subjective power of individual critical points of view, not the declamatory compromises of consensus." - Richard Brody, "Godard's Surprise Win Is a Victory for Independent Cinema," The New Yorker

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was a blast! Why don't you have The Pillowman on the list?

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Awesome. Glad you could see it--it's truly a great show if done well (and when I saw the cast roster, I was like NooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo, I have to go hooooOOOoome?!?).

[iNSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Jason Reitman is staging a reading of Glengarry Glen Ross with an all-female cast.

the ladies who call yourselves salesmen, you, er, daughters of bitches: Robin Wright as Ricky Roma/Al Pacino, Catherine O’Hara as Shelley Levene/Jack Lemmon, Maria Bello as Dave Moss/Ed Harris, Allison Janney as George Arranow/Alan Arkin, and Mae Whitman as John Williamson/Kevin Spacey. (The most exciting character, Alec Baldwin’s Blake, has yet to be cast.)

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

Alec Baldwin's character didn't exist in the original stage production, right? Is this a live reading of the play or the movie script?

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

The EW article (linked in the AV Club story) mentions they're using the movie script. Apparently Reitman has done several of these live readings, including an all-black Reservoir Dogs.

It's the side effects that save us.
--The National, "Graceless"
Twitter Blog

Yeah, Reitman did a live reading of AMERICAN BEAUTY at TIFF last fall, with Bryan Cranston in the Spacey role and Christina Hendricks in the Benning role.

"A director must live with the fact that his work will be called to judgment by someone who has never seen a film of Murnau's." - François Truffaut

Twitter.
Letterboxd.

Reviews and essays at Three Brothers Film.