You know what would be so cool

What if we started each thread on a single movie with a poll where the options were merely 0-5 stars?

Then we could get a reading on the overall board's reactions to just about any film we've discussed.

Alan, go back and add those for all the single film threads, would you? wink.gif

I am not certain if you are being cheeky here, Dan, my guess is that you are. However, I do think it would be nice to have some place where there is an overall consensus, or average, movie rating displayed as a group rating.

This would be a lot of work and I am not sure it is worth it. I suppose this is what the Top 100 does, in a way. Forget this entire post, let's just go with what Dan said. Everyone have a single, separate movie thread.

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

If 60% or more agreed that a film was good, then we could give it a fresh rating, or in our case, Fruit of the Tree of Life. If less than 60%, then it gets a rotten rating, or Fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Eh... didn't like that? Oh well, back to the ol' drawing board.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

I knew you had this under control already, Alan.

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]

No, let's not do this -- but I don't hate OR love this.

I do wish you'd read the posts where I wrote that this is already in the works. As well as our previous discussion of this very idea (which was nixed).

In any case, when the board gets its next software upgrade (in the next month or two), among many new benefits, we'll be able to rate individual topics. So, we'll use this function to rate the subjects of the individual topics, thus giving us a rating system for films.

I'm sorry, this sounds like EXACTLY the kind of topic I'd be interested to read. Not sure how I missed it.

• 2 weeks later...