Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
run

Share some photos...

47 posts in this topic

FWIW, my account, which mostly consists of baby pictures.

Friends of mine recommend AutoStitch for creating panoramic shots from multiple pictures, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I just recently experimented with Google Video for the first time. My sister shot a few clips of me washing my baby boy at the hospital when he was just 18 days old (he's 5 months and 4 days now), and I posted 'em here: one | two | three. It's hard to believe there once was a time, and so recently, when the full length of his body, from head to toe, was the length of my forearm (or, in biblical terms, a single cubit!).

Good deal, Ed (Buckeye) - you've got some splendid photos there; I love 'Moving Violation' and the Paris pix.

Friends of mine recommend AutoStitch for creating panoramic shots from multiple pictures, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Autostitch is fun and creates some unique looking panos.

Here's one from the first snowfall of autumn/winter 2005 in Cincinnati, a composite of five or six shots of my backyard.

IPB Image

Edited by Buckeye Jones

My wife just posted some photos from our recent anniversary trip. One year down, many more to go (Lord willing)!

The happy couple...

IPB Image

Me doing my best drunk sea captain impression...

IPB Image

A couple more from a recent airshow...

IPB Image

IPB Image

My wife's so cool, she let me buy some toys!

IPB Image

Good airshow pics. What lens?

My wife's so cool, she let me buy some toys!

Your wife must be cool. I only get to buy toys because we have 3 boys!

I just used our good ol' Canon PowerShot S1 IS. I tweaked the settings a little bit -- I initially had the camera's ISO setting too high, so a lot of our pics looked really grainy -- that's about it. All in all, it's a good little camera, though it is a bit slow at times, which is really frustrating when trying to photograph jets travelling at 500mph.

I just used our good ol' Canon PowerShot S1 IS. I tweaked the settings a little bit -- I initially had the camera's ISO setting too high, so a lot of our pics looked really grainy -- that's about it. All in all, it's a good little camera, though it is a bit slow at times, which is really frustrating when trying to photograph jets travelling at 500mph.

The slowness of said point and shoot models is largely why I'm glad we upgraded to a DSLR this summer. We have the Nikon D50, and while it has a lot toys and tools I haven't figured out just yet, it's quite intuitive and easy to use. Although I still miss film; I'd still like to get a lens for my old Nikon EM. But it's just so hard to pay for film and processing, even as much as I like it!

post-1531-1159279287_thumb.jpg

I finally got a chance to go by my house and get some pictures I had taken freshman year, and I used this program to get a panorama view of the Basilica. It's not perfect, because my camera changed brightness from shot to shot, but it's pretty cool:

IPB Image

Cool:

Just had my first ask from a company (www.DCInteract.com) to use one of my photos from Flickr:

311375058_a8e148ac17.jpg

Cool:

Just had my first ask from a company (www.DCInteract.com) to use one of my photos from Flickr:

311375058_a8e148ac17.jpg

Well, what did you say? What are they gonna use it for? Will they pay you? Congrats.

They haven't replied to my reply. It will actually be used for one of their clients, and I don't know about (but I doubt) any compensation involved. We'll see!

I've found Jeff Lawson's work pretty dern good for a while now. He used to post them on his blog and just recently began the Flickr account.

My womb aches!

Alan, your photos make me have to keep reminding myself that we have several years of other plans and more schooling to go before we get there...those are two beautiful children, though...

2301488298_dfd7140a3f_m.jpg Edited by Buckeye Jones

Flickr has just announced that you can upload videos to your Flickr account. The only limitations are that only "pro" members can upload videos and videos must be under 90 seconds and 150MB. More info here.

Flickr has also upped the filesize limits on uploaded photos: 20MB/photo for "pro" members and 10MB/photo for "free" members.

Just linked my flickr account to Imagekind, a sort of DIY storefront. So, if anyone really, really wants to buy (instead of just download and print yourself) one of my pics, click on my flickr profile.

Some photos from this year's Halloween (which was Simon's first).

2990083999_0ce132e6d0.jpg

2990936132_dc544477ed.jpg

2990080531_1fff08aae6.jpg

Simon's only 15 months old, but he's already practicing for his senior photos.

3554534380_b4bcc3cc62.jpg

5693426624_42c20510e3.jpg

As you might guess from the tools and the remote, Simon's a fan of Bob the Builder.

As you might guess from the tools and the remote, Simon's a fan of Bob the Builder.

Wow, Emily, that's some beautiful artwork - I look forward to perusing it more closely. And welcome to A&F!