Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

The Glen Workshop 2005

I've posted two blog entries about my adventures at the Glen Workshop, which Anne and I are attending thanks to the folks at SPU.

I'm writing a story about the workshop for SPU's Response Magazine. You can bet I'll be coming back again next year.

It's so nice to be at a conference where people are done TALKING about "engaging the culture" and are JUST DOING IT. No more seminars about why Christians should get involved int he arts. No more disclaimers. No more bickering. Just great art, great reading, great music, and a lot of learning.

And I'm not the only artsandfaither here! ohmy.gif

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Funkytown."    

And I'm not the only artsandfaither here!  ohmy.gif

Yup, that's right, I'm here. It's my third one.

I strolled into the fiction workshop on Monday and lo and behold there standing in front of me is an odd gent wearing a name tag that read "Jeffrey Overstreet". Then he had the gall to wear his U2 shirt before I did.

I've got some pics (including a nifty difty one of Karin Berquist) up on my site www.truffin.com as well as some commentary.

In addition to Jeff's observations, which I second, I'd also say that it's a refreshing thing to see folks from all over the Christian spectrum getting together and not talking overmuch about their differences. Meal times are a wonderful communion of brothers and sisters.

Jesus is not a zombie...I shouldn't have to tell you that.

--Agent Booth, Bones