Sign in to follow this  
DanBuck

3rd Caption Contest

Which is the best caption for the photo below?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thank you to the other person who voted for mine. Thank you, thank you, thank you !

Hmmm. Should I claim victory because if I'd voted for my own I'd be ahead, or should I concede to crimsononline because I voted for his, recognizing that his was better?

Now that it's over I've thought of yet another possibility: Born into Sidewalks

Edited by Darrel Manson

How 'bout...."BAM!!"

::Now that it's over I've thought of yet another possibility: Born into Sidewalks

Ooh, that's brilliant! (even if it's a few days too late for the competition)

Caption Contest #4 Will be hosted by Brandon (BBBCanada).

For the following reasons:

1. My membership will lapse in Sept, and it will be a while before I can ask the Mrs. to pony up more dough.

2. School has begun for me and the busy season for the play I'm writing is coming as well.

3. It is safer this way. If Brandon wins everyone will KNOW it's rigged! smile.gif

What I've learned: There is an advantage to being at the top of the list of captions, so I reward the early PMs by posting in order received. If people change their mind about what they'd like to have as their caption, I put them at the bottom of the list. Set deadlines in advance to avoid the appearance of impropriety. IE if the one you want to win is winning, and you happen to and the voting then... well...

Good luck Brandon. I'll still be entering captions, but Brandon will be the Humormeister!

Edited by DanBuck

Thank you, thank you. I was waiting for this announcement to come out before I displayed a pic. I want you guys to know that I take the Caption Contest with the UTMOST seriousness and I will rule fairly.... LSHIC.gif

OK. Just want to know. Do you guys want me to get bunch of pics and then vote on those and then vote on the caption for pic that wins?

or

Do you just want me to get a pic and put it up and you send me the caption?

Just want to be clear on what way we are going to do this preliminary aspect of the contest.

I say you just pick a pic. Having threads for voting which pic and then another thread for posting your caption and then a third for voting for the winner gets confusing.

That's what I was thinking. I'll do that. Thanks. I'll have one up by tmw. Again, how much time, do you give for putting in a caption and ow much for voting?

Edited by BBBCanada

Usually about five days to a week for the captions, then a week or so to vote, if I remember.

That's about right. I did about a week for both. Assuming some people may check the site on a once a week basis. (unlike us hourly idiots)

Once a week???? People do that? What on earth could be more important than checking A&F? Granted, people in New Orleans have reason to be off for a few days, but others?