Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

First accidental board-member meeting??!

So, Anne and I are walking along Richmond Beach this morning talking about life, changes, jobs, agates, sea lions, shells, hermit crabs... and I see these two guys walking our direction. (Otherwise it's fairly lonely on the beach today.)

My first thought is, Man, one of those guys looks familiar. Kinda like Darryl Armstrong. But nahhhh, Darryl couldn't POSSIBLY be here.

Then we walk away, and I hear a voice. "Jeffrey?" I turn. "Are you Jeffrey Overstreet?"

It wasn't Darryl Armstrong. But it WAS another member of this board. How crazy is that? Chad_b actually recognized me from that picture on my website, the one where I have that expression that says I'm about to make a smart-aleck remark.

I also met a friend of his and we talked about Over the Rhine and church and stuff. Then Anne and I went on our way so we wouldn't be late to our afternoon plans. But I hope to meet up with Chad soon so we can get to know each other a bit better.

Anyway... is that the first *accidental* encounter between Discussion Board members who had not already met?

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Funkytown."    

Hey! You never know where I might pop up. Richmond. Are you in Virginia? Or is there a Richmond out there in Washington? Because if it's Virginia it's really not all that unlikely that I could be there. Although you did mention something about it being morning. So I guess that sort of nullifies that possibility... biggrin.gif

Oh! And Chad, how dare you walk around trying to impersonate me! :x

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door." -- J.R.R. Tolkien
"I want to believe in art-induced epiphanies." -- Josie
"I would never be dismissive of pop entertainment; it's much too serious a matter for that." -- NBooth

"If apologetics could prove God, I would lose all faith in Him." -- Josie

"What if--just what if--the very act of storytelling is itself redemptive? What if gathering up the scraps and fragments of a disordered life and binding them between the pages of a book in all of their fragmentary disorder is itself a gambit against that disorder?" -- NBooth

Yes, that was quite a odd meeting. I was super lazy and didn't put this message board in my favorites folder until recently so I'd always link to it through your site, so I saw your picture everytime I came to the message board for quite awhile.

I hadn't been to Richmond Beach in about 15 years. We just stopped by because we were in the area and it was a nice day. So how was Seabiscuit?

Stealing! How could you? Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain whats-his-name.

- Homer

Seabiscuit was pretty good. I posted at length about it on the Seabiscuit thread in the Films section. Wish you could have joined us.

Let's get together sometime and chat about flicks and life.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

"Forget it, Jake. It's Funkytown."    

I don't know what works best for you. I work at the University Bookstore Monday thru Friday until 5 in the pm. Other than that I live up by the Northgate mall (named the most dangerous neighborhood in Seattle by The Stranger!). Also, I don't have a car so I'll be relying on the Metro to get me to and fro.

Stealing! How could you? Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain whats-his-name.

- Homer

That was an excellent meeting oddity!

So this is like the roaming chapter of the FKANFaSDBG. The first official chapter being CAFKANFaSDBG (a.k.a CAFKA).

...the kind of film criticism we do. We are talking about life, and more than that the possibility of abundant life." -M.Leary

"Dad, how does she move in mysterious ways?"" -- Jude (my 5-year-old, after listening to Mysterious Ways)

[once upon a time known here as asher]