Sign in to follow this  
Sara

Log on/Log off?

I hope this is not a dumb question, but should we log off everytime we leave the site or go completely off our computer? I have always just left mine set to Log On as it just seems simple and faster. Is there some reason we should Log Off?

Sara

Logging out isn't necessary unless there's a risk of someone else using your A&F account.

SO, for example, if you log on to A&F at a shared cafe, work, or family computer, I'd strongly suggest logging out. On the other hand, if you are the only one who uses a particular computer, or if you have your own user ID for a particular computer and you have to log on to use it, then there's no need to log out.

It will be a lot easier if I just stay logged on all the time. Thanks!

Sara

I always log out, so that when I come back to A&F, all the updated threads will be marked as "unread". If you stay logged in too long, sometimes threads you have not yet read will lose their "unread" tag.

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

So if I leave my computer set to "log on" all the time, does my name appear at the bottom where it lists all the users/members who are present?

So if I go to the grocery store, I still look like I am active on the site? Not really present, but computer is present?

In the wee hours of the night, do I appear to be present - when I am asleep? Will people seeing my name as present all the time think I am nuts? Or addicted to the site? smile.gif

Sara

I stay logged on all the time but that is only because I AM on all the time. Seriously, I do nothing all day except read A&F. I'm dangerously close to losing my job. I haven't slept in weeks. Life is not good but I cannot stop reading.

"It is scandalous for Christians to have an imagination starved for God." - Mark Filiatreau

I write occasionally at Unfamiliar Stars.