Sign in to follow this  
BBBCanada

5th Caption Contest

Vote NOW!!!  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted image

Hopefully this will work properly. Number 7 was a long entry.

The lowdown:

Denny

Edited by BBBCanada

Brandon

"God is so great and merciful that he does not require that we name him precisely. God is even willing to be anonymous for a time. Remember how God led the Three Wise Men from the East to Christ? The Wise Men did not know the God of Israel or Jesus. They worshipped the stars. So God used a star to lure them."--The Twelve Steps for Christians

myspace-animation-codes121.gif

Pic is not showing up again...I think. Sorry....WAAAAH!!!

Brandon

"God is so great and merciful that he does not require that we name him precisely. God is even willing to be anonymous for a time. Remember how God led the Three Wise Men from the East to Christ? The Wise Men did not know the God of Israel or Jesus. They worshipped the stars. So God used a star to lure them."--The Twelve Steps for Christians

Brevity IS the soul of wit. I like #2, #3, and the last one the best. I voted for one of those, which was not mine.

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

Definitely #2 or #3. And since #3 is the only one of those two that I can actually picture Darth Vader SAYING ...

"Sympathy must precede belligerence. First I must understand the other, as it were, from the inside; then I can critique it from the outside. So many people skip right to the latter." -- Steven D. Greydanus
Now blogging at Patheos.com. I can also still be found at Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. See also my film journal.

122 viwes and only 16 votes. I don't get it. I realize that number is largely us seeing how our comedy has faired, but so many people must not be voting. How hard is it?

Edited by DanBuck

Quick note: Mrs. CrimsonLine prefers the entry I voted for (#2) over the one that I wrote.

In case you were wondering, my name is spelled "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."

Looks like a clear cut winner this time. (Unless Mayor Daley brings in the cemetary vote)

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Whoever posted the grapes caption better thank me for my early positive review.  Uh huh.  Yep.

It was kind of neck-and-neck until then, wasn't it?

This may go back to the "how big a geek are you?" scores, but whilst I get the Star Wars refs in #2, #5 and #7, I don't even get the grapes one. I guess it's based on a line from the film, but which line?

Matt

Moff Chokebait: "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion hasn't helped us to conjure up the lost data tapes, or to ...."

Vader: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Tarkin: "Vader! Release him!"

I figure that there are so many views, because people like me, who is active on this board, send e-mails to people not on this board, just so they can see the picture and the captions.

You can link a person to a caption, but you can't make them vote.

Edited by Michael Todd

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Bump

Brandon

I stand corrected!

Since 1995 we have authored a commentary on film, cinema in focus. Though we enjoy cinema as an art form, our interests lie not so much in reviewing a film as in beginning a conversation about the social and spiritual values presented. We, therefore, often rate a film higher or lower due to its message rather than its quality of acting or film-making.

Cinema In Focus Website

Free Methodist Church of Santa Barbara Website

I also voted for Overstreet's caption, but thanks to everyone who disagreed with me! smile.gif

Disclaimer: I don't know if it was Matt who voted for his own ...

FWIW I didn't do it this time, but I did do this on a previous incarnation, but only on one where I really didn't find the others funny. (At that time I still thought I might win one).

When I first looked at this one I was 10-0 down so eventhough (in my head) it was the funniest, I was clearly already dead in the water.

Sadly it appears I am nowhere near as amusing to other people as I am to myself. Boy has that been hard to take. sad.gif - So I probably won't inflict anymore captions on y'all unless I really am inspired.

So now I feel arrogant, unsporting and unfunny, ...but at least the confession is so good for the soul.

By the way, to throw open my earlier question to BBBCanada a bit wider...

( An American dialect question. If you don't have enough money to pay for something would someone possibly desribe that as being "a little short"? If not let me know and I'll change my entry!)

Well? (I remember in Friends once they did a joke based on "I'm a little shy" in the same context. Is that the US equivalent?

By the way there was no collaboration with JO - I was gutted to find out he had had that idea as well as it had looked like this was the first for a while where I didn't offer one broadly similar to someone else!

Matt

Sadly it appears I am nowhere near as amusing to other people as I am to myself. Boy has that been hard to take.  sad.gif - So I probably won't inflict anymore captions on y'all unless I really am inspired.

( An American dialect question. If you don't have enough money to pay for something would someone possibly desribe that as being "a little short"? If not let me know and I'll change my entry!)

Well? (I remember in Friends once they did a joke based on "I'm a little shy" in the same context. Is that the US equivalent?

FWIW, Matt - I didn't get the joke at first (short on money, short for a stormtrooper). Now that I do, I think it's quite funny, just not as funny as some of the other ones.

"I'm a little short" is just as clear in the US as in the UK, I'd wager.

You could say, "a little shy" as well. So, I guess, even if I did help, you probably would have still lost anyway.

I wouldn't worry about whether you are funny or not. My first few came in pretty good, but my last couple have not. You may be funny (ier) in other ways. It's just fun to play which is what I think should be the motivating factor in this. Have fun. Don't take it so seriously.

Brandon

I know. It's disgusting isn't it?

Brandon

One of the other pics from this set was:

user posted image

It's a Safeway store and as you can see, the other dark clad guy is a TIE Fighter.

Brandon

We were all robbed. By fruit, no less. smile.gif

It was a drive-by fruiting!