Sign in to follow this  
Sara

New Avatars with the new 2005 films?

I want to know if we will be getting new avatars with the new films that are now in the list for 2005 best 100.

I have had a struggle with my avatars. I have had Ponette, the Color Red, Manon of the Spring, Dogville, and now Open City. None of them are me!

The dictionary says that avatar is "an embodiment, as of a quality in a person."

Will there be an avatar of Geraldine Page in The Trip to Bountiful? That is one of my favorite films. (But alas, I am not Geraldine Page...)

Maybe we need more choices. But maybe I need to settle down and accept what is available here.

How have you chosen your avatar and are you happy with it?

Sara

Obsolete avatars will be retired, but making new avatars is probably a ways away.

Then maybe I should hang on to what I have now, but it is surely is not me.

I tried Grace from Dogville. That wasn't me. Nor were any of the others I chose.

Maybe some Bergman women? (Liv Ullmann would be fine. smile.gif ) Or good gracious, if I could make my avatar into the Wicked Witch of the West (wasn't she the terrible one?) or even some character from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas...

Oh well. Maybe it doesn't matter so much.

Sara

One of the privileges of membership is getting to upload your own avatar, if I'm not mistaken, which allows one a larger range of characters/films to choose from.

I'm currently promoting a movie I'm looking forward to seeing. I don't necessarily identify with this character more than any of the others, but I liked the image.

There is this difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is a continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection. (George MacDonald, The Princess and Curdie)

Isn't narrative structure enough of an ideology for art? (Greg Wright)