Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Sonicare Toothbrush

In this busy news week of multiple indictments and controversial judicial appointments, I wanted to take a moment to discuss

I should add that a co-worker recently complained that his rechargeable Sonicare had a problem with the battery, but the company was prompt in fixing the problem, FWIW.

Anyone else a Sonicare user? Share your love!

I don't. My wife the nurse scoffs at this stuff, but neither of us have gingivitis either.

Here is something to consider when the time comes. The chargeable battery will eventually fail. If it is not a set of those replaceable ones, it can still be replaced! Old broken down electrical engineers (my Dad) are great for this. Take it apart and take the piece (it will look "like" a battery, but with no artwork and it will have builtin wires sticking out) to an electronics supply, or even one of those Sears "repair" centers like Dad did for my Dust Buster. Of course, this is only if prices have not come down and the battery pack is significantly cheaper than the unit.

My wife and I have shared a Braun Oral B electric toothbrush for at least 2 years now. It has interchangeable heads so we don't share germs or whatever. It is a real basic model that I think was less than $30. The replacement heads cost about $20 for a package of three. We've had zero problems with it concerning power. My only complaint is that sometime I feel that the brush head pinches my lip. Hard to explain. My wife doesn't have this problem, so maybe I've just got flappy lips (I know, I'm inviting the jokes with that).

Otherwise it has worked very well for me. I used to have to brush my teeth with warm water because the cold was too painful to swish around. Sensitive gums or gingivitis, I dunno, but I don't have to do that anymore. Of course, Listerine helps too. The toothbrush looks like this:

user posted image

Joanna has a weakness for gadgets, and I have gotten a lot of good laughs over the years when her gadgets have (inevitably) failed. The only time I've had to eat my words is with the Sonicare. I have some kind of strange genetic predisposition for plaque build-up (my mom's the same way) -- to the point that I was having to have a professional cleaning every three months. The Sonicare has done the trick, though. I'm a convert. And I've more than made up for the initial cost by saving trips to the dentist.

WOW. THAT'S a testimonial.

Christian, doesn't your mouth feel...young again??

I have a Sonicare. I bought mine from the dentist a couple of years ago. The cost at that time was $150Cdn. It hasn't really gotten cheaper either, but I look at it as an investment in my teeth.

I've had the Oral B that SZPT mentioned as well. Comparing both, Sonicare wins hands down. It is a toothbrush that not only "swivels" at higher repetition than the Oral B, but it uses sound to remove all the crap off your teeth. I mean, who doesn't have CRAP on their teeth?

It is also a "smart" toothbrush in that you divide your mouth up in quarters and do each quarter for 30 seconds each.

In 20 to 30 days your mouth is feeling young and vibrant making you want to "wash that gray right outta your hair." You just want to tell EVERYBODY!

I thank Jesus everyday for Sonicare that washes away my stains and removes those "ugly sins." Thank you Jeeeeesaaaas!!

And Sonicare. biggrin.gif

It is also a "smart" toothbrush in that you divide your mouth up in quarters and do each quarter for 30 seconds each.

This is my favorite feature, I think. Although if I don't keep my lips together, the toothpaste/spit, looking for an escape, finds its way out of my mouth.

Sorry for that image. It ain't pretty. But the lesson has been learned, and I share it with all of you in the hopes that you might benefit from one who learned the hard way.

My wife and I have one. Her gums are worse than mine, she uses it twice a day. I use it once daily. The hygenist can usually tell if I haven't been using it, so it must do something.

This is my favorite feature, I think. Although if I don't keep my lips together, the toothpaste/spit, looking for an escape, finds its way out of my mouth.

Yes. Happens to me all the time. You just have to keep your mouth closed. And remember, you don't have to move your Sonicare toothbrush around like you would with a normal manual one. You just let it sit at where your teeth and gums meet and just pass over your teeth to both massage your gums and to brush them pearly whites with not only the bristles but also the SOUND. Two minutes twice daily. Is that easy or what?? Brushing your teeth has never been so much FUN!