Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Batman Begins (2005)

But I don't get it. Again.

Read it again. Spiderman stroke all.

I did. Three times. And I still don't get it.

Dude, never mind READING it. What on EARTH is a Batman Begins bit of merchandise doing with PICTURES of Jim Carrey and Arnold Schwarzenegger on the package? Batman Begins was all about getting AWAY from the Joel Schumacher era of Batman films (and the Tim Burton era, too, but I don't see any Tim Burton pictures on that package).

Edited by Peter T Chattaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeCDTYszuho

Evan debates how well the film stands up in a post-Avengers and post-Nolan-let-us-down-with-Dark-Knight-Rises-and-Interstellar world

In answer to the first question, amidst the excess of superhero films Hollywood is currently producing, Batman Begins remains one of the best. If anything, it has improved in comparison to movies such as The Amazing Spiderman and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Nolan’s themes of conquering fear and learning from failure are not the most original, but I admire the way he explores them. The idea of accepting one’s fear as a cross which strengthens one may not be developed to its full potential, but I will take that in a heartbeat over a generic theme of “teamwork is important” or “the selfish hero must learn to put others first.” Additionally, with his dabbling in philosophy, Nolan provides food for thought rarely found in superhero blockbusters.