Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Batman Begins (2005)

Heh, well i haven't seen a Rodriguez since From Dusk Til Dawn, and that was in another life altogether. Sound interesting, but, Sin City? Don't really know what that is.

-s.

Sin City is Miller's creator owned comic from Dark Horse. Essentially it's a "noir" comic about criminals and such, set in the fictional Sin City.

As for how Batman maintain's his large arsenal of vehicles and "toys," the more complete answer than him being a multi-millionaire is that most of his equipment is a modification of WayneTech technology which he has access to. On top of that he employs various people to make modifications. Post-Crisis, he has employed the work of Harold, a gifted mute who designs and constructs his vehicles for him.

:spoilers:

Highlight for spoiler from recent Batman comics.

However, in the recent "Hush" storyline Harold betrays Batman on the promise that the villian, Hush, would cure his muteness. Harold is then murdered by Hush in #618

The targeted release date according to this is June 17, 2005. This would be almost one month after Star Wars: Episode III (due May 19, 2005).

Also, a few pictures of Bale as Bruce Wayne can be found here.

He looks somewhat familiar to his character in American Psycho. Perhaps we will see the Bat-suit soon...

Huh. Well, these are certainly different from pics at AICN a ways back -- THEY looked an awful lot like the Burton Batman. This is way different at least. But, hm, it's looking like there's a distinct dearth of battage in the pectoral region. Yeah, there's this faint outline, when the light catches it right, but not the sort of thing you'd expect to have the iconic force Bruce Wayne would want. Odd.

SDG, not sure what you're seeing; there's a bat there.

I kind of like the black-on-black-on-black approach. I think the neck looks wimpy, and the tiny opening for his mouth and chin is dopey. Have to see it under proper lighting to appreciate it properly, IMO.

But, after seeing what can be done under low budget conditions - i.e. the batsuit in Sandy Collora's Batman: Dead End film - I am disappointed with the look of this suit. If Sandy can make a kick-butt batsuit in a $40,000 film, why can't Nolan get an amazing batsuit when he can spend more than that per suit?

You have all seen Sandy Collora's Batman:Dead End, and his brand-new World's Finest, haven't you?

If not, go to:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/nonsw/batm...end/index.shtml - Batman:Dead End

http://theforce.net/theater/nonsw/worldsfinest/ - World's Finest

...and then come back here and thank me.

I hope and pray they don't use Christian Bale voice-over in the actual film. That element ruins this preview for me. Otherwise, it looks intriguing.

Guest Russell Lucas

Shorter Bat-ears are back.

Well, and maybe they've been back for a while in the comics. I haven't read any Batman comics since the very early nineties apart from the first issue of the Dark Knight sequel debacle.

J.O., I have to disagree on the voiceover. Done right, it could have exactly the noir resonance that Frank Miller was going for in the comic book with his dialogue-box character narration. Getting inside the character's head in this way could be a real asset.

Russell, if you thought the first issue of the Dark Knight sequel was a debacle, you have No Idea the depths to which it plummeted in the finale. It's enough to make me want to greet Frank Miller, should I ever chance to meet him, with a strong obscenity.

I guess the trailer has been out for a couple days now. Not sure how I feel about Bateman playing Batman.

www.batmanbegins.com

An interview with screenwriter David Goyer is up at AintItCool. Nothing much new, but there was a nice summation of the teaser:

You wouldn

Holy smokes!!

This is definite spoilers1.gifspoilers1.gifspoilers1.gif if it's true.

Click here for a possible cameo in Batman Begins that is potentially mind-blowing.

Holy smokes!!

This is definite  spoilers1.gif  spoilers1.gif  spoilers1.gif  if it's true.

Click here for a possible cameo in Batman Begins that is potentially mind-blowing.

Huh. Interesting.

Apparently a bunch of drunken fratboys stumbled onto some location shooting for Batman Begins and shot a video of it.

I don't recommend turning up your sound. It's mostly comments like "Dude! We ran into freakin' Batman!"

Oh, and on another board, someone posted the script. I read about two pages, then decided to wait till next summer. It's gone now. Most of the comments in the thread involved variations of "BEST. BATMAN. MOVIE. EVER."

Edited by Clint M

How does that work, exactly? Are they working together, or will each one do a score and they'll pick and choose?

Or will you wear headphones and hear one score in one ear and the other in the other ear? smile.gif

How does that work, exactly? Are they working together, or will each one do a score and they'll pick and choose?

Or will you wear headphones and hear one score in one ear and the other in the other ear? smile.gif

I think they are working together. They were going to do Secret Window together, but one (I forget which) dropped out.

It IS a scary design; but if I remember correctly, it's only rumored to be the final design, not confirmed.

The new teaser poster.

post-112-1102115040_thumb.jpg