Sign in to follow this  
Overstreet

Batman Begins (2005)

Me like the international poster better.

Me too. I really think this one is superior on almost every level.

Me too. I really think this one is superior on almost every level.

Same goes for me. I love the look of this one.

So, um, is this the first trailer?

That's the teaser trailer that's been out for a few months.

That's the teaser trailer that's been out for a few months.

Are you sure? I didn't remember the teaser having all of those action scenes, just Bruce Wayne wandering through the mountains.

Looks cool! I just hope he doesn't wind up kissing Katie Holmes while upside down... smile.gif

Very interesting; can't say I've ever been much into the Bat-lore, but it looks pretty good. Definitely different from what I've seen of the past Batman films.

Nope, his tutor is Jean Valjean - his morality will therefore be tiptop, but his thieving skills will need some work.

: SHORT of Davy Crockett and some of the other characters in John Wayne's

: oeuvre, it's hard to think of a more obviously all-American hero than Batman,

: Bruce Wayne's caped alter ego.

Oh, right, pampered aristocracy is soooooo "all-American" ...

: As for Batman's fictional hometown, Gotham City: has anyone ever doubted that

: it claimed far closer kinship with the darker corners of New York City . . .

This much is true, or true-ish.

Alan Thomas wrote:

: Gary Oldman is British? (checking IMDb) Gollee

You didn't know? Really?

Hmmm, have the Harry Potter movies ever hired any NON-British actors?

In the DCU (DC Universe), Metropolis, Gotham, Keystone City (home of the Flash), etc. all exist in addition to New York, Chicago, etc. In fact, it was referenced in last years JLA/Avengers cross over, that the DCU Earth is actually bigger than ours (or the Marvel version) and has more countries, etc.

Oh, and Keystone is in Missourri IIRC.

But I think you're right that metaphorically, Gotham and Metropolis are two sides of New York.

Batman Now Speaks With a British Accent

SHORT of Davy Crockett and some of the other characters in John Wayne's oeuvre, it's hard to think of a more obviously all-American hero than Batman, Bruce Wayne's caped alter ego. As for Batman's fictional hometown, Gotham City: has anyone ever doubted that it claimed far closer kinship with the darker corners of New York City, which sometimes shares that nickname, than with the Nottinghamshire village of Gotham?

Gary Oldman is British? (checking IMDb) Gollee

Huh, so that's why Chris Nolan took this gig.

BTW - I saw the trailer before Ocean's Twelve yesterday, and I like the direction the movie is taking. Hopefully this Batman doesn't make terrible puns before he punches a guy.

"Headed out sir? I take it you won't be having dinner." "I'll get drive-thru, Alfred." Ick Ick Ick.

Somewhat related to Begins; new editions of the first four WB Batman feature films are going to be released in the next few months.

(From the Batman on Film website):

Update on the earlier SE Bat-film news from earlier today. A source contacted me and said that Tim Burton recorded his commentary tracks for both his Bat-films while he was working on Wonka. No re-cut of the Burton films, but there will be some work on the soundtrack. However - and this is the part that I really dug - Schumacher is doing a re-cut of BATMAN FOREVER as it will be an extended special edition. Schumacher recorded his commentary tracks while working at Pinewood Studios (PHANTOM)....

I can't imagine what a re-cut of Batman Forever will be like. I guess he decided that would be more useful than trying to turn Batman & Robin into a coherent film.

More information from Batman on Film about the new Batman DVD releases:

The Scarecrow? Nope! More BATMAN 1-4 SE news!

Author: Jett

Tuesday, January 18, 6:25 AM, 8:45 PM CST: This comes from a trusted source which comes from their trusted source - sort of how it works sometime. Anyway, he provided me with a bit more info on the upcoming SE's of the first four WB BATMAN films -

A new Batman Begins poster. Me likey...

You can find a larger version here.

post-112-1111169262_thumb.jpg

Whoa, that poster is WICKED! I love the feel that they're going for with this poster. Batman looks like he really means business this time, as opposed to looking stiff and bored like in the Michael Keaton version.

OH MAN! w00t.gif

This is the Batman movie I've been waiting for!