Sign in to follow this  
Clint M

LibraryThing

Clint M   

I ran into this website tonight while looking at some blogs. It's a way to catalog your books online. The website is located here.

I'm listed under DGibFen, if anyone wants to see how it works.

BethR   

This is extremely cool, and if I ever get a long period of uninterrupted time, it looks like something I'd enjoy doing...just to have a list.

Of course, I could have a list anyway, and probably should. In fact, I should probably unpack all my books. Oh no...

gigi   

Oh dear... It looks like I may have another toy to play with.

username: girlguide

Once I have internet connected at my new house will no doubt spend far too many an evening updating this.

gigi   

Great. There goes another, like, hundred hours of my life.

My past 2 hours at work have gone on this. I have 100 books listed already and this is just what I can remember offhand.

Uy uy uy...

Thom   

My wife is going to find this interesting being a Librarian. She actually thought about cataloging our books years ago but then why bring work home. Instead I just created an access db for our book collection, as well as our music collection. It did the job but I lost interest.

Does anyone know if you can import flat files into this online database?

Edited by asher

Clint M   

My wife is going to find this interesting being a Librarian. She actually thought about cataloging our books years ago but then why bring work home. Instead I just created an access db for our book collection, as well as our music collection. It did the job but I lost interest.

Does anyone know if you can import flat files into this online database?

According to the import part, you can import TEXT, CSV, XML, HTML, RTF, tab-delimited, etc. I think Access can save as one of these kinds of files.

fishfool   

ahaha and I thoguht Facebook was bad enough, I could see my poor father sitting on here for hours..but what is the use of this site.. are they trtying to advertise to the people who own the books? -Fishfool @ The Reef Tank

ahaha and I thoguht Facebook was bad enough, I could see my poor father sitting on here for hours..but what is the use of this site.. are they trtying to advertise to the people who own the books? -Fishfool @ The Reef Tank

I'm not sure what they'd advertise