HOOK 'EM HORNS!

Normally I don't care about football, but as I have relatives in Austin - my uncle is a retired math prof. there - I had the game on. The Longhorns won by a narrow margin, getting a TD at the very end. It was the way such a game should be; the desired result, but a good, dramatic game.

There's too much apathy in the world; but, then, who cares?

I agree. I hardly EVER watch football, but as a UT alum, I felt obligated. I went with my friend (a USC fan) to the bar tonight to watch this one and I am SO glad I did. I think I blew my voice out in those last few minutes there.

Go horns!

Edited by finnegan

I have a blog? here at A&F that I sometimes post in.

I was born in Arkansas, so I've always disliked Texas. But the way Young beat Michigan LAST year kinda won me over. But I didn't truly admit it until he did the same thing AT Ohio State.

What a game! Loved every minute of it.

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

Yeah, Vince Young was putting up some Troy Smith-like numbers last night! ;)

Ha! ::w00t::

"During the contest trial, the Coleman team presented evidence of a further 6500 absentees that it felt deserved to be included under the process that had produced the prior 933 [submitted by Franken, rk]. The three judges finally defined what constituted a 'legal' absentee ballot. Countable ballots, for instance, had to contain the signature of the voter, complete registration information, and proper witness credentials.

But the panel only applied the standards going forward, severely reducing the universe of additional basentees the Coleman team could hope to have included. In the end, the three judges allowed about 350 additional absentees to be counted. The panel also did nothing about the hundreds, possibly thousands, of absentees that have already been legally included, yet are now 'illegal' according to the panel's own ex-post definition."

The Wall Street Journal editorial, April 18, 2009 concerning the Franken Coleman decision in the Minnesota U.S. Senate race of 2008.

Yeah, Vince Young was putting up some Troy Smith-like numbers last night! ;)

:)

I'm a Buckeyes fan, and don't have a great deal of love for either team that played last night, but I have to tip my Stetson to the Longhorns. It was a great game, and Vince Young is deserving of all the accolades he will receive. What a thrilling performance. That was as great a college football game as I've ever witnessed.

What a thrilling performance. That was as great a college football game as I've ever witnessed.

As with my description of last years Rose Bowl and the OSU game (both errors of description on my part), I'm having a hard time not giving all credit to Young in an exceedingly team game. Still, being responsible for over 800 yards of offense and being by far the biggest ground gainer of the game (all other Texans gained 89 yards on the ground, good running backs all), I've got to say that Young's was the most incredible performance I've ever seen. Rivals all of those early era stories about Yost's point a minute guys, "Hoppalong" Cassidy, The Four Horsemen, and Bronco Nagurski.

I'm so glad I didn't have a horse in last night's race. It was so much fun to watch that game as a college football fan, rather than as a UT or USC fan. Have there ever been two offenses that great on a college football field at the same time? I'm sure the defenses were both good, too, but it became obvious in the third quarter that the game would be won by whomever happened to score last.

Dang. I missed it entirely. Too busy cussing out my desktop PC which crashed hard last night. Forgot all about the game.

When will this be available through Netflix?

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

What an incredible experience. I had to go all the way down to London to see this game (4.5 hour train ride). Here it started at 1:30 AM and was finally over at 5:30. I went with a friend who is a UT alum to this sports bar in the west end where it was being shown, and it turns out that basically all the USC and UT alumni in the UK had congregated there. I haven't seen that many Americans in one place for a year and a half.

That last four minutes was indescribable. It may go on my top ten films list for 2006.

They briefly showed us a shot of the USC coach's face right when Young was headed towards the line on that last TD. He was forlorn, dismayed, I almost felt sorry for him.

Edited by MLeary

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

Last night's game was incredible! I can't believe how Vince Young dominated the game like he did. The Orange Bowl Tuesday night was a great game too, going into triple overtime.

Vince Young always looks like he's got some bullet-time action going on or something. "Nah, I'd rather not be tackled right now, thanks." "I think the next play should start 20 yards down field. Here, let me jog the ball down field for y'all."

I was raised a Buckeye, but now live in DFW, so, if they're going to beat my Bucks they need to beat everyone else, too.