Sign in to follow this  
Darrel Manson

ballpark food

Each stadium has it's own culinary centerpiece. (Although Angel Stadium is pretty vanilla.)

Minor league parks sometimes have really good stuff. Consider The Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger. Pass the Lipitor.

A foreign movie can't be stupid.

-from the film
Armin

Old Cleveland Municipal Stadium was the home of Stadium Mustard which is now supposedly found in many, many stadiums. I've had Stadium Mustard at the old Stadium and at the new Jacob's Field. Somehow it isn't the same. Maybe it was the sushi bar nearby that was messing things up.

Jesus is not a zombie...I shouldn't have to tell you that.

--Agent Booth, Bones

Several years ago (before Disney came along) Angel games had a baked potato stand. I'd get the Italian (provolone, Ital. sausage, marinara) -a nice meal. Then I moved to the fish & chips place, but it got bumped by "Hooter" (quotes are because it has wings served by the same 60ish women that work all the food places -- it's not the real Hooters. You can get Carl's Jr or Panda Express for ballpark prices. There are dogs and brats that are mediocre. Overall, The Los Angeles food of Anaheim is pretty pathetic.

At Dodger Stadium, I usually go with the Dodger Dog and pile on onions. Dodger Stadium is also filled with branded food -- Dominoes Pizza, Krispie Kreme (but not the burger mentioned above).

At the old SD ball park, they had the best of branded food -- Rubio's fish tacos !

-from the film
Armin

My strangest food experience with ball park food was when I went to Fenway. There, you eat at the outside vendors (streets outside the yard are closed to make room for all the carts). Pretty nice stuff. I was told the food available inside the park was less desirable.

-from the film
Armin

Darrel, you're making me seriously want to play hookey and drive down to Fenway for an Italian sausage sub with peppers and onions .... OH. MY. Yeah, buying outside the park is the way to go. Those food vendors are serious about satisfying Sox fans.

"The most important thing is that people love in the same way. Whether they are monarchists, republicans, or communists, they feel pain in the same way, as well as hatred, jealousy, fear, and fear of death. Whether you are a deeply religious man or an atheist, if you have a toothache, it hurts just the same." - Krzysztof Kieslowski

"...it seems to me that most people I encounter aren't all that interested in the arts. Most of the people who are my age ... appear to be interested in golf, fertilizer, and early retirement schemes.... I will stop caring passionately about music, books, and films on the day that I die, and I'm hoping for Top 100 album polls in the afterlife." - Andy Whitman

Toasted Ravioli at Busch Stadium.

"...the vivid crossing of borders between film and theology may save the film from the banality of cinema and festival business, and it may also save the church from the deep sleep of the habitual and the always known."

(Hans Werner Dannowski)

Filmwell | Twitter

Those food vendors are serious about satisfying Sox fans.

What happens if you're wearing a Yankee hat? Do they still serve you?

-from the film
Armin

Those food vendors are serious about satisfying Sox fans.

What happens if you're wearing a Yankee hat? Do they still serve you?

Moot point. If you're wearing a Yankee hat outside Fenway you'll be dead before the onions start to sizzle.

"The most important thing is that people love in the same way. Whether they are monarchists, republicans, or communists, they feel pain in the same way, as well as hatred, jealousy, fear, and fear of death. Whether you are a deeply religious man or an atheist, if you have a toothache, it hurts just the same." - Krzysztof Kieslowski

"...it seems to me that most people I encounter aren't all that interested in the arts. Most of the people who are my age ... appear to be interested in golf, fertilizer, and early retirement schemes.... I will stop caring passionately about music, books, and films on the day that I die, and I'm hoping for Top 100 album polls in the afterlife." - Andy Whitman