The Mighty Boosh

Guest stu

Anyone heard or seen The Mighty Boosh? Started off as a radio show, then got made into a TV series. It's kind of... about zoo-keepers. Yep, zoo-keepers. In Bob Fossil's Fun World, where Fun plus World equals... WorldFun. One is called Howard, the other is called Vince. Howard is in charge of Aviary, and Vince is friends with Mr Bollo, an old smelly Gorilla. This is Howard, in his own words:

"I do many things - Novelist, Poet, I organize raffles - I span the genres. You know me, I can't be put in one particular pidgeon-hole. I span the genres. You put me in a box... you can't put me in a box. If you do, I'll use the box against you - I'll convert the box into a studio-stroke-loft-space, put on an exhibition."

Howard likes Jazz. Vince was brought up by Bryan Ferry in the Jungles of India. Once when Bryan was on his European tour, Vince was taken care of by Kaluunai the leopard, and monkeys tried to steal his face. His favourite books are "Charlie Goes Abroad" and "Charlie Buys A Flamenco," but he's never read the last in the series - "Charlie Chokes On His Own Legs."

Edited by stu

I've got tickets for their tour! Very very nearly bought the DVD box set for a reasonable 22 of your British pounds today but then didn't.

Not sure that it's possible to describe it other than to say it's mad but a whole lotta fun.

P.S. "I'm old Greg!"

"There is, it would seem, in the dimensional scale of the world a kind of delicate meeting place between imagination and knowledge, a point, arrived at by diminishing large things and enlarging small ones, that is intrinsically artistic" - Vladimir Nabokov

Stu,

Do you have any on DVD yet? I wanna see more, but it's not at Blockbusters, and Becca's in Brighton and so on.

If not, stop quoting something I'm bound to like until I have the chance to enjoy it.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered that there are episodes of The Mighty Boosh on youtube.com.

Or you can buy the 2 series box set for

Edited by gigi

"There is, it would seem, in the dimensional scale of the world a kind of delicate meeting place between imagination and knowledge, a point, arrived at by diminishing large things and enlarging small ones, that is intrinsically artistic" - Vladimir Nabokov