Guest thom_jurek

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greta Van Fleet's a good band! They sound like Led Zep, but not like a cheap imitation band. They've got their own stamp, and they make glorious music.

Not sure if this counts as new, but The Parlor Mob is also sort of a throwback to the 60s-80s trend of good rock. They also sound like Les Zep, but again they're not limited or unimaginative musicians.

• 5 months later...

This EOB album is a lot of fun, although I'm glad that Radiohead leaves the lyrics to Thom Yorke. The rhythms and sounds here are very Radiohead, but the lyrics aren't nearly as compelling. When I first heard "Shangri-La," I thought I'd be buying this record on vinyl. After a few spans, I still like it, but I don't feel like I need to give it the deluxe treatment.

Here are my favorite albums for 2020 so far.

P.S.  I COULD BE WRONG.

Takin' 'er easy for all you sinners at lookingcloser.org. Also abiding at Facebook and Twitter.

• 7 months later...

The only brand new 2021 release I've heard so far is Jeff Tweedy's Love is the King and in my opinion it's the best thing he's done since Yankee hotel foxtrot. And in case anyone's interested my favorite new releases from 2020 are in order of what little I've heard:

1. Neil Young return to greendale

2. Derek Webb targets

3. Miley Cyrus plastic hearts

4. Stone Temple Pilots perdida

5. Garth Brooks fun

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Arts & Faith. As you've no doubt discovered, participation waxes and wanes...but one benefit of such forums is that the posts remain for others to find them. Feel free to drop by the "Introductions" thread in the "About You" forum and introduce yourself. Doing so is not required, but it does help people get a sense for who is looking for interactions. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just got Eminem's music to be murdered by side B deluxe edition and really really like it. Considering Eminem's been my favorite rapper pretty much since he started I may be a bit biased here, but regardless I think he's got another home run on his hands here. His beats and musical hooks are as cool and catchy as ever and lyrically he is how he's always been. Not ashamed of who he is and speaking what's on his mind has been his schtick from the start and here he's no different. I admit he doesn't bleed his heart out as much on this album as he did on the Marshall Mathers LP II album, but several songs like Darkness, Leaving Heaven, and Zeus make it abundantly clear EM'S still got it. Anyway, if you're a fan like I am you owe it to yourself to buy this outstanding album for yourself.