Sign in to follow this  
Persona

The profound prophetic nature of Back to the Future

BTTF 2: The year? 2003. CUBS win the World Series. smile.gif :luxhello: smile.gif

-s.

Who did they play??

Didn't BTTF2 also predict the Florida Marlins' 1997 Series victory?

I've heard that bit of trivia offered as proof that there really is a vast global conspiracy controlling everything--including, I guess, Hollywood and Major League Baseball...

: Didn't BTTF2 also predict the Florida Marlins' 1997 Series victory?

No.

Dale

You mean there isn't? I've always understood that The Council of Foreign Relations, The Trilateral Commision and the Illuminati were secretly in charge of everything. Gee, i hope they all like Sammy this year.

-s.

Whew. Well, I'll sleep better tonight. I am rooting for the Cubs to beat a team from Miami in the NLCS. I think that's as close as it's going to get. BTTF2 is the one film from the trilogy I haven't seen. I saw the first one again recently, and was sobered to think of how much more willing I was to suspend disbelief when first I saw it. Either special effects have gotten better and more pervasive, making films more "realistic" (whatever the hell that means), or I've gotten more cynical.

This is my 100th post, in honor of which I'm changing my avatar. I will do so with every 100th post. The first person to figure out the significance of my avatars will get a kiss on the forehead...

Guest Russell Lucas

Now, if they have ZZ Top sing during the seventh inning stretch, then you'll know it's meant to be.

Just saw this tweet:

Wow. In 'Back to the Future' Doc Scott sets the time clock in the Delorean to a day 25 years in the future, today is that day.