Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye Jones

Summer Vacation 2006

We are going to Stuttgart for a while, with a lengthy side trip to Garmusch, a small southern German town nestled in the Alps. We are also planning to take the train from Stuttgart up to Copenhagen, and then back down through Amsterdam, or just to Amsterdam. Either way, it should be an okay time.

Leary, your wife is a real trooper to do all that traveling!

For myself, all I can say is, "Vacation?"

My clever husband got accepted to the graduate institute at St. John's College (Santa Fe campus), so we'll be spending most of summer in Santa Fe. For him, it will be nothing but nose-in-a-classic reading and writing. For me, it will sort of be a vacay. I'll be working on a book, but basically I'll have zero other repsonsibilities. Then the first week of August will be my real vacation---Image Journal's Glen Workshop (at St. John's ironically, but at least I'll get to stay in the dorms for that one week and have all my meals provided.) If all goes well, this will be repeated for the next three summers as well.

We're going to St. Louis, MO (my hometown) for 4th of July Weekend. Baseball (the Cardinals have a brand new stadium), White Castles (nothing like 'em on Planet Earth), the best Fried Rice in the country, Superman Returns in IMAX, and, most important, introducing little Ben to the rest of his family.