Seattle types: Come see my play!

The latest play authored by my darling wife, Sarah, opens (and closes) next week. Limited run. Just in time for Halloween, it's an adaptation of two Edgar Allan Poe stories, "The Black Cat" and "Hop-Frog":

http://driftwoodplayers.com/season.asp

Just three shows, Oct. 24-26. Tickets are $10 but I have 2 coupons up for grabs that will allow you to see the show for $3. Let me know if you want 'em. I am a cast member (portraying the King in "Hop-Frog"). No nepotism involved -- the director, not the playwright, made the casting decisions.

Let's Carl the whole thing Orff!

Do you know the deep dark secret of the avatars?

It's big. It's fat. It's Greek.

I wish I could be there...if your performances ever land you in Connecticut, let me know! smile.gif

I'll likely be performing in the Boston area in March, at the Irish Cultural Centre of New England. Details to follow...

The show was amazing. The tights were indescribable. You all missed a treat. Poe's stories are fascinating anyway, and your wife did a great job with the adaptation. I liked the shadow-puppetry treatment, too -- a great idea for staging macabre and potentially difficult/dangerous situations. I had no idea Sarah was such a wealth of talents -- she said she's in charge of the education at the theater, too, which is pretty darn cool. We hadn't yet been to the Driftwood Players, so I'm glad to know of another place to go, and the classes look like fun. I was thinking about taking a class sometime.

Anyway, it was good to meet another board member! Sorry we were late, by the way -- we got hopelessly lost on our way there. Yahoo told us to get off at an exit that doesn't exist. (Or was that part of the Poe enchantment?) Maybe you didn't notice, though, if you were shimmying into your tights, but fortunately we met your wife at the box office and she let us in. There were two people who came in well after us, which relieved me.

Oh, and thanks again for the coupon! We love being cheap!

www.TheFilmForum.com -- Christian conversation about the movies

www.AmandaLCaldwell.com -- ALC Editing Services

This is so unbelievably cool -- our lighting designer posted a photo album and Quicktime videos of the complete show. So if you have a fast connection, you can catch In the Shadows online. I just bought a ton of new server space for my own Web site, so I will see about archiving this there if the designer doesn't intend to keep it in its current location.

I must say the show looks better than I realized it did. One unfortunate thing about doing puppetry is that unless you have a video monitor you can't really tell how it looks.