Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rich Kennedy

Arrested Development

How do you respond to "catchy" new show promos?   7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you respond to "catchy" new show promos?

• I'm weary of the same !@#% ad for each show
    • There's a sort of friendly familiarity to the repitition
    • What's this? My TIVO edits them out
    • Hey, that's what PBS and cable are for, to avoid this stuff
    • Hey! This is the only way I get to see the Fall Classic and not miss 'ER'!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

160 posts in this topic

George, Sr.'s assistant -- the one who was on the yacht when it blew up. (Also the one who got the breast enhancement surgery, if you'd rather go that route of identification.)

Dale

(Also the one who got the breast enhancement surgery, if you'd rather go that route of identification.)

It's suddenly become clear to me.

Was last night's episode great, or am I so desperate for decent sitcom writing that I'm overpraising it? I laughed out loud three or four times, but Sarah just smiled. Maybe I over-reacted.

Never before have I been in such agony over my lack of the FOX channel. My bunny-eared antenna only picks up ABC and NBC. It's almost enough to make me consider coughing up the money for basic cable... almost.

All that to say, I have recently started watching "Arrested Development" on DVD. Adore it. Hilariously sardonic. Have netflixed the remainder of season one and all of season two (due out at the beginning of October)... and lament the fact that, like all the television series my husband and I love, we came to this one too late to keep up with it properly. "Arrested Development" waits for no one, whether they get FOX or not.

Last night's ep was pretty dang awesome -- particularly through the first commercial break, where I seriously wondered if it might beat out the season-two finale as The Greatest Half-Hour of Television Ever. It petered out a little toward the end (until the "on the next episode," of course), but still.

I believe I [heart] "AD" more than any show ever.

Dale

Edited by M. Dale Prins

I link to this without comment.

oh...my. Tonight's back-to-back episodes were priceless. The finale of the last one was one of the most elaborately conceived and hysterical yet, and that is saying a lot. Tobias was at his best and the inevitable Rita revelation added to the pain/hilarity. I just got the second season dvd and I already can't wait for the third season, heh.

We watched both episodes. I thought the first was far superior to the second, but even the second was better than most everything else on TV.

I really hope FOX keeps this show on the air.

Edited by Christian

Okay.  Giving as few spoilers as possible for season 2 (although some of them I'll Maeby: Unknown to anyone, left school to become a studio executive; made remake of Les cousins dangereux (the movie she and G.M. tried to sneak into in season

Ah, so that explains last night's 8:30 episode. I had no idea. I really do need to watch Season 2.

How long does it typically take for a just-ended TV season to arrive on DVD? We just got done with Season Two of this show, and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next...

They're in season 3 now. Season 2 hit DVD in early October just prior to or after the start of the new season and after the reruns of season 2.

And if there's a better character than GOB in an American sitcom, I'll eat my hat.

Thanks for the context for the release dates. Guess I'll have to perch on the edge of my seat quite a bit longer...

And if there's a better character than GOB in an American sitcom, I'll eat my hat.

I'll drink to that! Among other, more subtle character traits, I love his magician voice. And the accompanying music. (This morning, my husband was tossing a pair of socks around as if he were juggling them, and he totally had that low-riding, backward-leaning, pelvis-thrust-out posture Gob usually assumes when doing a trick... so I started chiming in Gob's magician soundtrack. smile.gif)

You mean "The Final Countdown," right?

Me, I'm trying hard to get his chicken dance down right.

You mean "The Final Countdown," right? 

Me, I'm trying hard to get his chicken dance down right.

Yup, that's the song... I couldn't remember the name.

I love how everyone in the family apparently has their own chicken dance. Lindsay's busted it out before, and I was absolutely delighted to discover midway through the second season that Lucille has one, too.

Michael: "Has anyone in this family actually seen a chicken?"

You'll be happy to know that, following last night's episode, they all also have a Godzilla impression.

It's over, at least during the November sweeps:

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Time to restart those vigils for "Arrested Development." And while you're at it, light a candle for "Kitchen Confidential" too.

The two FOX comedies have been shelved for the remainder of sweeps -- "Kitchen Confidential," in fact, hasn't aired since the first week of October -- in favor of repeats of "Prison Break," which have performed better in the 8 p.m. Monday hour than either "Arrested" or "Kitchen" this season. The network says the comedies will return Dec. 5, following the close of sweeps.

Now Reuters says the show, although it will air again in December, has been canceled:

The Bluth clan of Fox's ratings-challenged "Arrested Development" is also headed for the exit after Fox cut the third-season order on the Emmy-winning comedy to 13 episodes.

Also getting the ax at Fox is "Arrested's" companion on Monday, the freshman comedy "Kitchen Confidential," whose order will not be extended beyond the initial 13 episodes.

There is a possibility that ["Arrested Development"] will be shopped around, but its high cost is expected to be prohibitive for a cable network.

angry.gifcussing.gifsmilies23.gif:-->evil.giftantrum.gif

Don't worry, Fox. I'm sure pre-empting the show for a month for baseball playoffs didn't cause it to lose steam. And then, of course, the night is new now. And at least you didn't make a hasty decision and pull it after just one night of showings post-hiatus.

I too have some strong words for Fox about this. How is it that they manage to hack so many shows to death when they've barely even begun? Why, Fox, why? I'm still mad at you for Firefly, and now you had to go and kill Arrested Development. Bastards!

If FOX were to continue AD as a BBC/HBO style series (12-14 episodes per season), I don't think I would have a problem. I'd be fine with that.

It's still not canceled, so I'm holding out hope. (OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!)

Last night was the greatest ending to any television episode ever. I am not hyperbolizing.

Dale

Really? I asked a co-worker to tape it for me. I hope she did. I'll know later today. Looking forward to watching it, especially because I think the ending might have something to do with Michael's planned nuptials -- a storyline that hasn't much impressed me, while the other story threads have been highly amusing.

I still need to see Season 2!

Edited by Christian

Last night was the greatest ending to any television episode ever.  I am not hyperbolizing.

ha, yeah, that episode just kept on getting better and better until reaching untold levels of Arrested Development greatness. I love how the Tobias hair-plants thing is taking a really dark turn as well. Can't wait for next week.

Are you guys on Season Three in the States? We just finished Season Two over here, and the last four episodes of that Season are hysterical (mostly fair-to-middlin' in the middle though).