Sign in to follow this  
yank_eh

Deadwood

I'm a few months late, but:

NSFW, of course. 

Edited by NBooth

The entirety of this is now streaming on Prime.  I generally avoid such shows as I find the content more than I prefer to take in (the “skip 10 seconds” feature is my friend); however I’m a sucker for westerns and for the complexity and artifice of the dialogue, once you get past the vulgarity.  I do believe Doc Cochran is one of my favorite characters and the engagement with loss, religion, and relationship he embodies is near perfect.

Hey, better late than never.  After my initial reservations about Season 2, I fell wholeheartedly for this show.  I've watched it 3 times through - the only other series I've done that for is The Wire - and I love it at least as much each time.  The depth of character, the scintillating dialogue, the flashes of humor, the ideas wrestled with - it's all done superbly.

I forgot to post my review for the TV movie that wrapped up the series last month, so I'll share the link here.  Its key is significantly more major than minor, compared to the series, but I found it quite satisfying: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/secularcinephile/2019/06/at-last-a-sunny-day-in-deadwood/