Photo

Amazing Stories

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Croaker

Croaker

I feel like I've been taking crazy pills!

• 140 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Anybody else remember this show from the mid eighties?

I just bought the first season on DVD. I always remember the one where Kevin Costner played the captain of a Flying Fortress in WWII. Kiefer Sutherland and Casey Siemaszko were in it too, and Speilberg directed it. I watched this episode first even though it was actually the fifth aired. It was a fun as I remembered it.

However most of the other episodes are just plain silly. I have only watched 11 episodes so far, but only two of them have been worth any good. The Mission, which was the Costner episode, and one called the Amazing Falsworth staring Gregory Hines as a side show mind reader. The others have terrible scripts, acting, and direction. Not sure if the nostalgia factor justifies my purchase. I will have to see how the rest of the episode play.

#2 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 16,791 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:47 PM

I remember enjoying the Halloween episode, and the Family Dog episode is a hoot. But beyond that, I remember losing interest in the show quickly. I almost always sat down with high expectations and came away dissatisfied.

I do remember enjoying the opening credits sequence and the John Williams fanfare. I can still hum it from memory all these years later... It always made me feel like I was going to a movie instead of watching TV.

#3 Croaker

Croaker

I feel like I've been taking crazy pills!

• 140 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

I watched one crazy episode last night called Remote Control man. Some guy buys a TV, and the remote control allows him to change his horrible wife and children into characters from the TV show he is watching.

So he first turns his wife into a beauty pagent contestant, however after waking up in bed together the next morning, she still in her bathing suit of course, he wants her to cook breakfast, but she responds as if she has never heard the word before. So he uses the remote to change her into June Cleaver. Then he changes his punk rocker son, played by the kid who was Chunk in goonies, to Arnold (Gary Coleman) from Different Strokes, and his other son into Face (Dirk Benedict) from the A-Team.

It just kept getting more ridiculous, but I couldn't stop watching because I wanted to see which NBC star of yesterday would turn up next. Richard Simmons, Ed McMahon, and Lyle Alzado show up, but the best was when KITT from Knight Rider crashes through the front wall looking for Micheal.

Crazy. Just Crazy.

#4 Overstreet

Overstreet

Sometimes, there's a man.

• 16,791 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Now streaming on Netflix Instant.