Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are you just as sharp and articulate in person...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you just as sharp and articulate in person...

Are you just as sharp and articulate in person as you are online?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

In general, are those people you've met in person from this forum as sharp and articulate as you would have guessed from their A&F writings?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 M. Dale Prins

M. Dale Prins

Stop! Do a drum solo instead!

• 1,420 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:08 PM

Inspired by SDG's comment here. Vote.

Dale

#2 Michael Todd

Michael Todd

Registered Nurse, Amateur Historian, and Future Theologian

• 680 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:12 PM

I'm funnier but less articulate in person.

#3 CrimsonLine

CrimsonLine

Man of Yesterday

• 1,989 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:18 PM

I don't have the time to be very articulate here...

In person, I am occasionally sharp and sometimes articulate. I'm considered VERY funny by the people around me, in person. I don't think I come across that way online as much.

#4 M. Dale Prins

M. Dale Prins

Stop! Do a drum solo instead!

• 1,420 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

I'm certainly more articulate online than in person -- I would have been perfectly cast in Funny Ha Ha or Mutual Appreciation -- but my sharpness stays relatively constant, I think.

Dale

#5 gigi

gigi

ReMember

• 950 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:09 PM

You didn't have the option "I ramble in a nonsensical fashion in the vain hope that somewhere amongst my nonsense a glimmer of an idea will surface, just as much in person as I do online".

#6 MattPage

MattPage

Bible Films Geek.

• 4,194 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

...which is a shame cos I'd have voted for that too.

Dopes option 2 include people you knew before you came to A&F as well as people met as a result of meeting them at A&F?

Matt

#7 David Smedberg

David Smedberg

Ha! Mush.

• 1,117 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:41 PM

Um . . . it really depends on which context of "online" I'm in. But I'd say in general, I'm better online, because I pick my words more carefully. That's a learned thing - I used to say whatever I would have said in a conversation, but then realized that having to come back later and read it could be excruciating. That's the thing about forums - they're awkward mixtures of conversation with friends and publishing your thoughts for the whole world to see.

#8 DanBuck

DanBuck

Bigger. Badder. Balder.

• 2,419 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:29 AM

me funny.