Photo

My New Film Company

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NClarke

NClarke

• 156 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

After working for 5 years at a small production studio connected to a parachurch organization, I have begun the journey of starting my own company. My short term goals are to develop some corporate type clients that will afford me the opportunity to work on a couple of docs that have been bouncing around my head for a couple of years.

Two big projects have let me begin to make this transition - a project with another large parachurch organization (this project will pay the bills) and a feature length documentary (the idea for which was planted while browsing the discussions on this forum) for which I have shot a 12 minute preview that I am "shopping around" - if anyone has any good ideas of developing a funding base, let's chat.

I also have a new website (which is really more of a placeholder until I can afford a good redesign).

#2 Plot Device

Plot Device

• 229 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

Congratulations.

Fourth Line Films

What does the name mean?

::EDIT::

Oops! Never mind! I just read it on your web site. blush.gif

Edited by Plot Device, 07 April 2007 - 03:04 PM.

#3 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,852 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

Congratulations!

Based on what I have seen of your work, I think you will create a wonderful company as well as independent projects. Some here aren't too far south of you so, if you ever need crew members wink.gif

Congratulations again.

#4 NClarke

NClarke

• 156 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Thom(asher) @ Apr 7 2007, 05:17 PM) View Post
Some here aren't too far south of you so, if you ever need crew members wink.gif

Congratulations again.

Well my primary client is in Carol Stream...

and thanks for your kind words

Edited by NClarke, 07 April 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#5 Denny Wayman

Denny Wayman

• 807 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

May God bless your efforts!

Denny

#6 mdsteves

mdsteves

• 85 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

Congratulations! Would your client be Tyndale or Christianity Today? I'm just wondering because I used to live in Carol Stream.

Matt

#7 Christian

Christian

• 10,465 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

Congratulations!

#8 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,852 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(mdsteves @ Apr 9 2007, 01:43 PM) View Post
Congratulations! Would your client be Tyndale or Christianity Today? I'm just wondering because I used to live in Carol Stream.

Matt

Not too far from my neck of the woods either.

There are a few others in that general area as well, like Youth for Christ or Youth with A Mission. I think my comment may turn this into a "guess the client" game. I sure hope the integrity of anonymity will be protected.

Edited by Thom(asher), 09 April 2007 - 03:16 PM.

#9 NClarke

NClarke

• 156 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Thom(asher) @ Apr 9 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post
There are a few others in that general area as well, like Youth for Christ or Youth with A Mission. I think my comment may turn this into a "guess the client" game. I sure hope the integrity of anonymity will be protected.

Given what I have shared in another thread and what I have written on my blog (which I have yet to decide if I will maintain), I think the answer is rather obvious. Although I think we are also making a case for Carol Stream and surrounding towns to be the Colorado Springs of the midwest.

#10 Thom

Thom

nothing, nobody, nowhere

• 1,852 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(NClarke @ Apr 9 2007, 03:37 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Thom(asher) @ Apr 9 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post

Given what I have shared in another thread and what I have written on my blog (which I have yet to decide if I will maintain), I think the answer is rather obvious. Although I think we are also making a case for Carol Stream and surrounding towns to be the Colorado Springs of the midwest.

Just having a little fun. Very little, apparently.

BTW - I thought Wheaton was already the Colorado Springs of the midwest long before there was even a Colorado Springs to compare it to.