My play REMNANT in St Louis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,264 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

Alan suggest I post a thread about this, in case it catches the eye of any A&Fers in St Louis vicinity.

In a couple weeks I'll be in St Louis for the opening of my strangest play, REMNANT, at Mustard Seed Theatre, a brand new professional theatre company there. Any A&Fers out there?

While I'm in town, I'm going to see what looks like a pretty fun show, "Corleone." Check out the trailer. Fun, eh?

#2 Crow

Crow

Alaskan Malamute

• 1,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:03 PM

I am an A&Fer from the St. Louis vicinity. However, I will be out of town during the opening weekend. But I am definitely planning on seeing this play sometime during its run. I'm by no means an expert on the theater scene, but this play looks quite intriguing. It's great that you can bring this out to our fair city, Ron.

Edited by Crow, 02 November 2007 - 02:04 PM.

#3 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,264 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Crow @ Nov 2 2007, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am an A&Fer from the St. Louis vicinity. However, I will be out of town during the opening weekend. But I am definitely planning on seeing this play sometime during its run. I'm by no means an expert on the theater scene, but this play looks quite intriguing. It's great that you can bring this out to our fair city, Ron.

Cool! Would have been fun to meet you in person, add you to my A&F Live collection, along with Chattaway, Overstreet, Cummings and Manson. (Sounds like an accounting firm.) (Would sound less like an accounting firm if I could add "Crow").

Let me know what you think. I love the play, though it's quite odd.

R

#4 Crow

Crow

Alaskan Malamute

• 1,420 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

I saw the play this past weekend and really enjoyed it. The set design was terrific, and a post-apocalyptic Christmas story is a very unique idea. The cast had a lot of energy. The language of the play was a little jarring at first, but the weirdness of it fit the setting well. It was kind of like Shakespeare in a way, bringing its own cadence to the words and unsettling me so that I was immersed in the setting. I was also intrigued by the questions raised by the play, about whether the true meaning of Christmas lies in tradition and ritual or in imitating the example of Christ toward outsiders.