• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 opus

opus

Supernatural Blood Sprinkling Victory Package

• Administrator
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

I've become a huge fan of Penny Arcade over the past few months. Their comics are almost always hilarious (not to mention irreverent), even when I don't catch all of the references and inside jokes, and venture into some surprisingly "artistic" territory.

As a fan of Mass Effect, I especially enjoyed this one. Being the sucker for samurai films that I am, their "Hawk And The Hare" mini-series was especially cool. And their little "digs" at Macs are always fun.

They've been featured in Wired a couple of times. One is "I Come in Peace, With Console Advice", a comic about all of the "next-gen" platforms, and then there's this extended feature from a few months ago.

Oh, and they've got a video game coming out that looks awesome.

#2 Anders

Anders

Globe-trotting special agent

• 2,937 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

I've been reading Penny Arcade for over four years now. It's really astonishing to see how Gabe's art has grown in that time. He has really poured his energy into making the strip the best it can be.

#3 opus

opus

Supernatural Blood Sprinkling Victory Package

• Administrator
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Anders @ Dec 20 2007, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been reading Penny Arcade for over four years now. It's really astonishing to see how Gabe's art has grown in that time. He has really poured his energy into making the strip the best it can be.

Definitely. There's been a tremendous amount of growth in the artwork, even within the past few months.