• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 SarahMason

SarahMason

• 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hey, it's never too late to start!!! Dancing OR watching the show... smile.gif

QUOTE (Cunningham @ Jul 3 2009, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I loved his dance on Wednesday, I would have preferred seeing Kupono go to Vittolio. I was a bit surprised that the judges didn't get rid of Philip, but then I realized that they probably want to keep him for the top ten so he'll draw his fans to the tour. I haven't felt one way or another about Karla, so I was ok with the judges losing her.

I was shocked that Jason and Caitlin weren't in the bottom three after that bizarre alien dance.

I agree with you - Vitolio seems like a stronger candidate than Kupono, but Mia and Mary both love Kupono. Nigel already had his mind made up before the show started. You could tell from the way he warned them when they announced that those two were in the bottom three. Philip drives me nuts, but I did think his solo was better than Kupono's. Kupono is interesting - he'll get work out of this because he has a really nice "voice" - a clear and creative streak in him that some of the others don't have. He's just lacking technique and experience.

I'm hoping someone will coach Mary on her screaming. I mute or fast forward her every time she opens her mouth now. Anyone else feel the same?

#22 techne

techne

• 384 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:55 AM

brandon.

#23 SarahMason

SarahMason

• 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hey guys - here is my take on things...

Brandon is by far the best dancer on the show. Jeanine is the most consistent and the strongest across all the genres. Evan is the most entertaining and true to who he is as an artist. Kayla is the most naturally talented.

So all of them are fabulous, in my opinion. I'd love to see Evan win just because he has his own voice and it would really impact the dance world in a major way. However, I'm almost 100% sure that Jeanine will take it.

We'll see tonight - should be an exciting show.

S

#24 techne

techne

• 384 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

jeanine is a [very] close second for me, but brandon is just so good...

#25 Cunningham

Cunningham

Easy, Prescient, Interpersonal. Previously Solishu.

• 1,218 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

So I'm catching up on this show because I missed the past two weeks, and I have to say I think that this is the best season since way back when we finished with Twitch, Joshua, and Katie at the top (three years ago?) which was the first season I watched and the one that I enjoyed the most watching. I've liked the other seasons all well enough, but this one is really great so far. Anybody else liking it?

#26 M. Leary

M. Leary

• 5,455 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Yes, but really bummed for Alex Wong. I thought he was a spectacular dancer.

#27 techne

techne

• 384 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

i have to say it -- since alex and ashley were automatically eliminated because they couldn't dance on elimination night, billy should have been subject to the same rules. even worse, he chose to not dance. i still think that jose should ahve been the one to go before any of these three, but the fact remains - if you are unable (or, worse, unwilling) to dance - you should be eliminated. it smacks of favouritism to me. shame on you, SYTYCD, shame on you...

#28 Cunningham

Cunningham

Easy, Prescient, Interpersonal. Previously Solishu.

• 1,218 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

i have to say it -- since alex and ashley were automatically eliminated because they couldn't dance on elimination night, billy should have been subject to the same rules. even worse, he chose to not dance. i still think that jose should ahve been the one to go before any of these three, but the fact remains - if you are unable (or, worse, unwilling) to dance - you should be eliminated. it smacks of favouritism to me. shame on you, SYTYCD, shame on you...

Technically, Alex and Ashley were eliminated because they would be unable to dance the week after the show they missed. Billy was in the bottom three because of his injury, just like they were, but he wasn't automatically eliminated because he was healthy to dance next week.

Maybe he ought to have been eliminated anyway... I think that the big problem last night though was the the judges wanted to eliminate him but couldn't justify dropping him when Jose was still on.