Photo

calling all electricans (and their ilk)...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 techne

techne

• 381 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

anyone have any idea how i might build a small (5" x 3" x 1") lightbox?

specifically, i'm wondering about lighting - bulbs, drivers, transformers, etc. the light may be battery operated or extension-corded. as long as the lightbox has an even glow i don't care.

someone has suggested that i look into the LED lights (since such a small lightbox must generate as little heat as possible due to safety concerns) used in train models so i will be exploring that option this weekend when i get to "the big city".

any suggestions would be most appreciated...

Edited by techne, 29 August 2008 - 10:06 PM.

#2 Buckeye Jones

Buckeye Jones

Killer of threads

• 1,687 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (techne @ Aug 29 2008, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone have any idea how i might build a small (5" x 3" x 1") lightbox?

specifically, i'm wondering about lighting - bulbs, drivers, transformers, etc. the light may be battery operated or extension-corded. as long as the lightbox has an even glow i don't care.

someone has suggested that i look into the LED lights (since such a small lightbox must generate as little heat as possible due to safety concerns) used in train models so i will be exploring that option this weekend when i get to "the big city".

any suggestions would be most appreciated...

you should be able to use LED lights and power with batteries. Have you checked out strobist.com? Afficionadoes of off-camera lighting may help with tutorials on lightbox building. Seems pretty standard request for product photography, even if its not what you're ultimately wanting to use the lightbox for.