A Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DanBuck

DanBuck

Bigger. Badder. Balder.

• 2,419 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:11 AM

I've not been a participant in THE LIST. Except in a spectator role.

But a trend is bothering me. With the creation of the list we have yet again subdivided our discussion of films into another place. We should be discussing Weir films in the Films section. Even as it pertains to THE LIST, so people can add their feedback of the importance of the films whether they're listers or not.

I'm not generally a griper, and PTC is usually the thread police, but this seems a pretty big issue. Thoughts?

#2 Persona

Persona

You said you'd wait... 'Til the end of the world.

• 7,460 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:55 AM

Thoughts?

Yeah! Good to meet you, PETER JR.

LOL !! I crack myself up biggrin.gif

-s.

#3 DanBuck

DanBuck

Bigger. Badder. Balder.

• 2,419 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:45 PM

I suppose you are correct. Peter, jr... heh heh, who would've thunk it.

ideally though I shouldn't have to have a specific film in mind, as I would with a search. As it is now, to see what films are being discussed, I have to look in three places, at least.

#4 Jason Bortz

Jason Bortz

Unafraid of Ghost Cows.

• 1,442 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:51 PM

As it is now, to see what films are being discussed, I have to look in three places, at least.

Yeah, my mouse-finger hurts just thinking about that extra work...

biggrin.gif

#5 Ron Reed

Ron Reed

Listmaster Extraordinaire

• 3,254 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:52 PM

The thought was that it's smart to keep the Top 100 discussions in one place for the time being, because they range all over the map - as they should. And it didn't seem desirable to let these conversations inundate the general ongoing conversation at "Films Directors etc..."

But it will be perfectly possible to shift over to that forum any of these threads that seem like they'll have lasting value - the posts that deal with specific films, rather than the ones which are "Hey, vote for this one!" or "How come nobody nominated that one?" or "When do we vote?" That sort of stuff.

I'm with you that the proliferation of forums is not a good idea. But this particular project is a temporary enterprise, and there are reasons to keep it from dominating the regular ongoing discussion.

Peter Jr. I like that....