- Yes, there will be handbells on almost every track.
- No, handbells will not remotely be the only instrument, nor generally the main one.
- The name of the "group" is tentatively The Bronze Collective, but in terms of execution (but not style) M. Dale : The Bronze Collective :: Chip Davis : Mannheim Steamroller. I am taking suggestions for alternative group names, as long as they do not include the words "hand" or "bell."
- The album will be a Christmas album, and it will be half extensively rearranged popular (or popularish) Christmas hymns, half lyrics of obscure Christmas hymns no one has sung in 150 years (e.g.) set to new melodies.
- Sometime in the next two or three months, I need to find a vocalist, likely female. Proximity to Chicago surprisingly unimportant as long as [s]he has access to decent recording equipment. Suggestions and self-referrals gladly accepted.
I've completed three rough mixes thus far. The one MP3 file small enough to attach is attached to this post, although I don't know how representative it is to the project as a whole. (EDIT: I added lower-fi versions of the other two songs. "Sleep Holy Babe" will eventually have vocals on the melody line instead of or along with the 1st violin.)
Edited by M. Dale Prins, 26 January 2009 - 06:10 PM.